Chapter 4 - Tokyo Smoke

The next day after classes came to an end, before Mr. Nagai could leave for the teacher's lounge, I called out to him and said "Wait, I have something I want to talk to you about."

He turned to face me and said "Yes Hoshino?"

"Yesterday, you said those things to me, about me having potential." I said "I don't know what you were talking about and wanted to ask what you meant."

Mr. Nagai looked at me with a genuinely baffled expression and said "I'm sorry to say Hoshino, that I don't know what you're talking about. I stayed late in the teacher's lounge to finish correcting papers from your class. Perhaps it just looked like me due to poor lighting."

Is he really going to play dumb? I need to know what he was talking about, if he knows about the ring, and how I've been trying to be a hero. But I don't know if I'll be able to get anything out of him.

"If you really don't believe me, you could speak to Mrs. Kagekiyo, who was there with me. Now besides that, do you have anything to ask about?"

I sighed and said "No, that's all."

Mr. Nagai nodded and left, as I decided that since I don't know what I can do, I'll just keep an eye on him for now.

Two Weeks Later...

As I wandered around town with Kazushi, we ended up heading into whatever shops interested us. It's been a while since the two of us have had the chance to hang out and actually spend time together so I'm glad to have a day to just hang out with my brother. I picked up a couple games at a used game shop and followed Kazushi into a shop for sportswear and the like. As much as it makes me guilty that he threw away so much to take care of me, Kazushi was always super passionate about sports, and was a 3rd dan black belt in shotokan karate, but since he needed a way to make more money to take care of me and him, he gave up on his passion.

Still, he'll be able to return to his passion once he doesn't need to deal with the dead weight that is now as his younger brother. And hopefully I can find something I'm passionate about someday too. But before I go anywhere with it, I want to pay Kazushi back for everything

"Hey Naoki, there's a movie theater not too far from here, how about we see something?" Kazushi suggested as we walked up the stairs of a bridge over the road.

"Alright, that works for me." I said

As we walked across the bridge, I looked at the cars passing under us, when all of a sudden, Kazushi, me, and everybody else on the bridge seemed to start to struggle to breath, and right as I felt myself losing consciousness, I could suddenly breath again, at least until suddenly there was a loud boom as fire suddenly filled the area, and as the bridge started to collapse, and before I could be burned too much, Kazushi pushed me off the bridge. It'll definitely hurt, but I'll survive the fall. Or at least it would if I didn't have the ring, and before I hit the ground, I pulled it out of my pocket and put it on, and stopped my descent.

<Fear>

Before I could react, the mysterious explosion caused the bridge to collapse, the pieces falling and crushing the cars that were underneath it. As the dust settled, I rushed towards the rubble, praying to god that Kazushi was okay. As I got there, I saw multiple people trapped under rubble, and Kazushi, burned and with a piece of rebar through his back.

My thoughts are a mess, but as I walked towards Kazushi, I created the four armed ogre from a game to try and remove the rubble on top of people

"Kazushi, are you okay?" I asked. Please god, don't let me lose my brother too. I don't know what I'll do if I end up all alone...