Chapter 2 - Everyday Fantasy

Three Days Later...

As lunch began, I sat at my desk, and let out a yawn. After figuring out a place to practice controlling the ring, I spent the last two afternoons there, only heading home when the sun began to set. Kazushi wasn't home yesterday evening so before I flew home I asked Sumire if her family would be cool with me joining them for dinner, which they were okay with, so instead I dropped myself off closer to the shrine before taking off the ring.

Although one thing that's concerning is that while Sumire wasn't as openly frustrated as the other day, she still is a little less available than she used to be, her focus on getting scouted becoming all the bigger. I just wish she would at least talk to me about it at least a little so I can try to understand why her ambitions are becoming such a heavy focus.

As I held my head up with one hand, I had my earphones in one ear and was reading on my phone while listening to music. I've been so focused on all this stuff with the ring that I have been ignoring my hobbies, and now is about as good of a time as ever to catch up on the manga I've been reading weekly.

As I read, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned to see Tang. "Oh hey there, I didn't expect to see you."

"Hoshino, me and Kanon are being given our chance!" she said excitedly

"Is that so? That's great to hear." I said

"We're going to be participating in a competition about a month from now, and I hope you'll come cheer us on." Tang said

"I already said I would, didn't I? I'll be there, I promise." I said "Just tell me the time and location when you can, alright?"

"Got it." Tang said before she asked "So do you like idols?"

"Idol music isn't typically the type I listen to, but I do think it can be pretty good. Not to mention if you and Shibuya are going to work so hard, of course I'm gonna want to cheer you on."

"You really feel that way? Thanks Hoshino!" she said as she suddenly hugged me

"It's no problem." I said, heat rising to my cheeks and my hands held up. Her doing that kind of caught the attention of the people still here, embarrassing me a little

The two of us spoke for a bit longer before she took her leave and I returned to what I was doing. But before that, I kinda feel like listening to some idol music.

—----------------------------------------

After classes came to an end, I walked out to the same spot that I usually go to when I put on the ring.

On my way there, I spotted Tang, Shibuya, and another girl jogging. As they were going, it looked like Tang was starting to run out of steam and was slowing down. "Keep doing your best!" I called out to them.

I saw their heads turn enough to see who was talking to them, and as I walked by, I'm pretty sure I saw a smile forming on Tang's face.

As I got to my out of the way spot, I pulled out the ring and put it on.

<Willpower>

Now in the suit, I took off into the air the same way as usual and started to fly south. Maybe it's because I've been flying at least once a day, but I've been getting the hang of it, and have been attempting to do tricks in the air as I go.

As I flew over the ocean, I ended up flying closer to the waves, the light spray of the water kind of refreshing after a long day at school. Before long I saw my destination up ahead and veered to the right slightly as I went up. I've ended up finding a spot up in the wooded mountains on the island of Kozushima as a place I can practice. I've figured out a way that I can practice my control in the air, my accuracy with my energy blasts, and creating objects that I can actually use. Although the flight practice is actually just the path here and back, where I try to do more complex maneuvers in the air and try to do it as I go faster.