Chapter 10 - A Messy Afternoon Part 2

As the creature threw a car at me and Keke in the brief time before it hit us, I managed to slip on the ring and pushed Keke to the ground, hoping to protect her.

<Willpower>

The next thing I knew, there was the sound of a crash in front of us, as the car, rather than crushing us, had been deflected.

"Ow..." Keke said, before her eyes widened. For one I was on top of her, pinning her to the ground, but also, that surrounding us was a glasslike construct of flan, which the car had bounced off of. Not my coolest construct, but it was the first thing to come to mind.

"Wha-?" She was starting to say in confusion as the construct dissipated

"Keke, please listen to me. You need to get out of here. I'll distract it, but you need to run to safety." I said

"What? Naoki, I'm not going to leave you, what if you get hurt?" Keke said

As I finally got off her, I patted her head as I said with a smirk "C'mon, I may be a little reckless, but I won't get hurt. Besides, I'll risk it if it means I know you won't get hurt."

"Naoki..." she said as I turned away to shield her from the stone creature in front of us, performing the same act that it did as we arrived, its fist deep in a car.

"I'll meet up with you in a bit, now run!" I yelled out as I charged at the creature, trying to catch its attention, just barely ducking past it swinging at me.

I looked back and saw Keke was her running away, and deciding it was clear enough, I said "Ring, scan for any lifeforms in that thing."
Scanning... No brain waves detected

None at all? Well that's surprising, but it also makes my job easier. Noticing that there weren't any civilians left, rather than keep up the game of cat and mouse, I lunged at it, encasing myself in the construct of a head shaped mech with a face on it's chest and a drill instead of legs, said drill pointed straight at the creature, running through it and leaving a hole in it's chest as the construct dissipates, leaving me in my outfit as Phantom Lantern facing away from it.

However, as I heard a loud stomp behind me, I created a construct of certain scarf wearing robot blocking it with its shield, turning to see it was just in time, as the creature had tried to swing at me despite the hole in its chest. The robot pushed it off balance with its shield, leaving me to create a construct of a giant rocket powered wooden hammer overhead, swinging it down and shattering the creature completely.

Landing on the shards, I stretched out and said "I'd like to see you take a swing at me now... and now I'm talking to myself. Today's been a hell of a day."

As I said that, the shards and powders that once were the creature melted and turned to a pitch like liquid as they leaped up and encased me before returning to its stone form.

Unable to move, and feeling it slowly tighten around me, I slowly start to panic as I try to figure out what to do. My shielding will stop me from suffocating, but it's not like I can use it to save myself from being crushed. I quietly cursed to myself, feeling unable to come up with anything. If I had even a little bit of space, I could do something, but as I am now, I can't do anything.

All day, I've been in a bad mood, then I had to deal with Kaen and his complete disregard for life. Then some creep makes Keke uncomfortable and causes problems, then after I think I can have the day off and finally lighten up some I have to deal with this? What a freaking joke. I guess I really wasn't ready to leave Oa yet, because I've screwed up. As I start to curse to myself over failing what I've been setting out to do, I soon felt the familiar taste of sulfur in my mouth.