Chapter 6 - What I'm Becoming

The Next Day

After the hospital staff of Nishikino General Hospital ran tests and discovered that somehow Kaen Kimura was completely recovered suddenly, a convoy to transport him to the more secure metahuman wing of Fuchu Prison, where there should be no chance of him escaping, was arranged. However, as he was uncuffed from his hospital bed and had his hands cuffed together, Kaen had managed to produce a large enough spark of static electricity that when combined with his powers, caused an explosion to blast a hole in the wall and severely injure the arresting officers.

He reached down and grabbed the keys to his cuffs from the unconscious officers before freeing himself and jumping down, landing on the roof from a one story wing nearby. Due to the officer's condition and needing to prevent the fire from reaching oxygen tanks in nearby rooms, he managed to escape to the streets where he managed to slip past any nearby officers and escape, swearing to get payback on the bastard who set him up with a job set to fail, and the man who brutalized him.

—------------------------------------

One Week Later...

Naoki's Perspective

As I walked alongside Kyle towards the Guardian's Chambers, I exhaled sharply and said "Hey, any chance this will be good?"

"You'd be surprised." Kyle said smiling

<Willpower>

"Right." I said, still slightly nervous that maybe they've seen some problem with me that means my training has been for nothing.

Before long, after nodding to Salaak as we passed we headed into their chambers, and Ganthet said "Naoki Hoshino, step forward."

I silently did as he asked and said "So can I ask what this is about?"

Zalla, the Guardian who had watched my training to evaluate me and had filled me in on some details of the spectrum said "Despite you still struggling to fully control and harness the red light of rage and the orange light of avarice, we've seen how much you've improved in discipline and control, and while we'd prefer you stay to fully master it, Lantern Rayner has insisted that you are ready to return to Earth to protect it."

"He should be able to get the hang of the rest eventually after all." Kyle added in

"For that reason, we give you permission to return and protect the Universe and we are granting you the position of an honorary member of the Green Lantern Corp. I'm sure you will not disappoint us." Zalla said

<Hope>

"There's no way I will. If I'm ever needed just call. Er I guess since the Phantom Ring can't be traced, send a message my way and I'll have the ring finish the connection." I said before looking at the phantom ring "You can do that, right?"

It is within my capabilities to do that whenever needed.

"I still can't believe we're doing this." Rami muttered

"Please forgive Rami, after spending billions of years guarding the phantom ring, exiled, he has come to believe that the ring was a mistake and should not be used. And while whether or not it is a mistake is still ambiguous, perhaps you can change our opinions on that." Ganthet said

"I'll do what I can." I said

"You can leave at any time, but before you go I have something for you." Kyle said

With permission from the Guardians we left and Kyle led me to his apartment here, where he led me to a desk with papers and artist's tools scattered all over it.