Chapter Five: Troublemaker

The next morning, I woke to the sound of the doorbell ringing several times. I groaned as I stuffed my head under my pillow and pulled the curtains shut tighter. Suddenly, I heard the door creak closed and the bed dipped lower next to me. I rolled over so I was facing the wall, and kicked my intruder in the shin. "Elise, it's Saturday fuck off I'm tired. Aren't you supposed to be with Cal anyways?" I groaned again. No reply. I threw the pillow that covered my head on the floor and, much like a bear woken up from hibernation early, shot a death-glare at whoever was sitting next to me.

I was pleasantly surprised.

"You really aren't a morning person, now are you, love?" I giggled as I closed my eyes and felt Louis plant a kiss on my forehead. I wrapped my arms around his neck and mumbled, "..not really.." Louis laughed as he pulled me onto his lap and wrapped his arms around my knees and torso so I was being held like a baby in his lap. My head hung backwards as he brushed my bangs out of my eyes. I snuggled into Louis' chest as we just sat in silence together while he held me, much like I always imagined a decent boyfriend would hold me one day.

After what felt like hours of cuddling with Louis, he lifted me and turned my body so we were facing each other. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he rubbed his nose against mine. I laughed as he rubbed circles on my back. I glanced over at the bandage that wrapped around his upper arm, protecting the fresh tattoo underneath, as I felt Louis reach up, and tilt my chin so I was looking up at him. He stared down at me, and I suddenly felt myself sit up on my knees, against my will, and place my lips on his. He kissed me softly in the dim light of my room, as I sat in his embrace. He tucked my thick, curly hair behind my ears as I broke the kiss, whispering in his ear, "I gotta get ready, Lou, if you aren't busy doing stuff with the boys today, we should go somewhere.. Do something.." I gave him a side-smile as I stood up and headed over to my dresser to grab a bra to wear.

Louis sat cross-legged on the bed as he faced me. I reached into my drawer, grabbed a bra to throw on, and put my hands on my hips as I turned to face him, cocking an eyebrow.  He put his hands up in defense as he laughed.  "Okay, okay I won't look.."  Louis reluctantly turned to face the wall in the opposite direction (again, there is only One Direction.. Take that Zayn) as I stripped out of my pajamas and into some black high-waisted shorts with a Rolling Stones tshirt.  Louis faced me once again as I combed my hair out and tucked all the little strands into a quick braid.  I brushed my teeth and smeared some mascara and lip gloss on quickly.  I grabbed my red Vans as Louis took my hand.  I gave his hand a squeeze as we went downstairs and outside to his car, locking the door as we left.  I jumped into the passenger side as he closed the door for me, like a gentleman.  He walked around and got into the drivers seat, revving the engine of an old beat-up rental car he was driving as I cranked the stereo up.  This was going to be a good day. 

Rap music blared through the sound system of the old Honda we were in as Louis took a left and parked in a tight space in the parking lot of a local park, one of the only places in Chicago that was green with grass and trees.  I laughed uncontrollably as he attempted to look "swaggy" (as he called it) while he tried his best to beat-box to the lyrics.  I ruffled his hair as I slipped on my shoes and got out of the car and stepped onto the sidewalk.  He placed the keys in his pocket as he walked around the trunk, grabbing me by the hand, we set off towards the larger playground in the distance, the one, I might add, that wasn't swarming with children, which I was thankful for.

As we approached the vacant playground, Louis dropped my hand and took off in search of a slide.  He jumped up the small set of stairs and tried to squeeze through a tiny tunnel, which in my eyes, looked like it were the size only a three year-old could fit through, which is practically what Louis seemed to be at heart.  I giggled at his playfulness as I tried to keep up, weaving my way under a small bridge and over towards a ladder I was wanting to climb.  I reached the top, and headed straight towards the fireman's pole.  I gripped the hot metal with my hands as I wrapped my ankles around the thing, praying my thighs wouldn't stick to the burning playground equipment on my way down.  I began to slowly, but surely, slide my way down towards the mulch at the bottom, when I suddenly felt to strong hands grab me by the waist, lifting me up and away from the pole as Louis slung me over his shoulder.  I pounded my fists against his back as I struggled to get him to let me down, while laughing, yet again, in the process.  The things this boy did to me..  "Help!  Help!  I'm being kidnapped!"  I hollered as Louis reached a hand up, and went to pat me on the bum, which I couldn't help but notice, looked damn fine in these shorts, but not as good as Louis looked as his muscular arms held me firmly behind the knees.  I was eventually set down while Louis preceded to chase me across the bridge.  "You won't get away this time!"  He called from somewhere behind me.  My heart soared as I realized what was happening.  I couldn't be sure yet, but as far as I'm concerned, this was what the beginning of love looked like.