Breeze

"What! Shizu-chan-" Izaya's voice was urgent, confused even. He gave an uncharacteristic yelp when I picked up my pace, the smoke smothering around his neck and shoulders as it dragged him along behind me.

Streets passed in a blur, crowds getting thicker as we stumbled through busy streets. Nobody dared to get in my way as we stormed past, my speed picking up with every stride. My eyes zeroed in on every person, keen to catch sight of the two Oriharas I was looking for.

"Shizu-chan!" Izaya was angry, aimlessly trying to grab at the smoke pulling at him, hands flying straight through as he tried to pull back against me.

Hoodies- jackets with animal ears. Twins. Two of them. Izaya's sisters. Mairu, Kururi. Their descriptions were repeated over and over as I ignored Izaya's growing outrage. Every street seemed to bustle with clumps of people, terrified faces mixed with confused tourists as they watched me barrel past.

None of them were who I was looking for!

I had no clue how I was going to find the Orihara twins, It's not like I could just sniff them out like I could with the flea...

But I needed to find the two, to prove to Izaya-

Like hell did his death not affect anybody! My fingers twitched, straining with aggression. A familiar urge to lift something- to release some of my frustration as my feet rushed forward, mind flooded with one single goal in mind with every step. I couldn't fully place why the idea had pissed me off so much. There was no fucking way I was going to let the flea just brush this off like the prick he is, he can't just brush off the people who cared and believe that nobody would miss him if he was dead!

My throat strained at the idea, head reeling with confusion as my anger managed to pile, only worsening when I couldn't even completely understand my own reasonings-

I trampled down one of Ikebukuro's main roads. Lights were flickering to life, reflecting every nook and cranny of the place to make the city seem as if the night would never arrive. Every person morphed together into something unnecessary, vision tunneling as I looked left and right, thinking of where the two might be and hoping that they were out in the city where I'd still be able to find them.

My teeth mashed together. I halted for a second, lungs heaving as I stretched my neck high over the crowd to get a better look.

Where the hell were they?!

"Shizu-chan! What the hell are you-" Breaking off into another sprint, I cut off Izaya's complaints and pulled him along down the stretch of Ikebukuro's streets. People stared at me with wonder as I dashed past, watching as the monster of Ikebukuro ran with a fury I haven't mustered since the night of Izaya's death.

Skirting around a corner, I halted again, staring down at the long black roads that sprawled through Sunshine 60. The streets were crowded, bustlings of people heading home or enjoying the nearing nightlife, some even stopping to take photos. Whispering some shit about thinking the beast in a bartender was a myth. Ignoring the blatant stares and flashing cameras, I scanned down the street.

A flicker of familiarity over the crowd- I caught a glance of what looked to be yellow and dark green hoods. There! That was them!

"Shizu-o! Come eat sushi! Sushi good for-"

"NO TIME SIMON!"

Dashing past Russia Sushi I watched as the two curled around the side of a building, laughing and idly talking to one another as they walked without a clue. I veered around that same corner and rushed up to them, ignoring the flea's vicious sneers and insults as I closed in on the two.