Notice

The morning sun filtered into my room past dust-covered windows. I laid with my limbs sprawled awkwardly over the bedding in all directions. I'd managed to get up and get ready for the day, but as soon as I risked laying back in bed, I couldn't get back up-

My head felt too muddy, too confused about what to think.

More?

Do I feel more?

My arms felt limp, hanging over the sides of my small bed. I rolled my head over to glance at my alarm clock on the side table and sighed. I really did need to get something to eat and head off to work soon... I grunted, forcing myself to a stand, and fumbled my way towards the bedroom door.

It's fine- Celty just got into your head a little. Don't stress over it so much, all I did was talk a bit about Izaya- I mean I hardly knew the guy before, so of course, it would be an apparent thing to notice a lot of-

Yeah.

I winced as the door creaked open, and shuffled my way out of my room. With a hesitant peek, I looked into the living room to find Izaya curled up on the couch. All his limbs were huddled close as he 'sat' at the corner of the cushions, staring at the television screen with the volume off.

I took a deep breath, "Hey..." Forcing my feet forward, I made my way toward the kitchen.

"Morning," Izaya hummed, still focused on the television screen that was playing some sort of documentary. How could he even watch that with the sound completely off..? Had he kept the sound off because I was sleeping-?

I sealed my mouth into a frown when I felt a fluttery feeling bubble up. No. No, you are not going to do this Shizuo! Don't fucking do this to yourself-!

I shook my head, ruffling up my uncombed hair as I reached for a glass and carton of milk, absent-mindedly pouring myself a tall portion of the wonderful beverage to reel in my thoughts.

You're being ridiculous and getting ahead of yourself. Celty just got into your mind and now you're overthinking things. Calm down.

With a satisfied gulp, the cool drink helped wash away some of my flickering nerves. Taking a few breaths, I placed the cup into the sink and allowed myself to fully calm down and rationalize. It's not good to get worked up, I scorned, watching as the tap water dribbled out as I turned it on.

I jolted when a blur of red and black peeked into the corner of my vision. Izaya, now standing in the kitchen, watched me with his head tilted, clearly amused.

"What?" I grumbled.

Izaya turned on his toe, walking around the kitchen, peeking around, "Don't you have work today?"

"Yeah..."

He huffed a bit of laughter and flashed his teeth with a smirk, "Well?" He peeked over his shoulder, fur tickling against his skin. "Hello? Protozoan, are you still not catching on?"

I blinked, watching every movement Izaya made; fluid and calculative in a way that looked completely relaxed. Like he always had full control of the situation and the confidence to back it up with every minuscule movement.

"Shizu-chan?" Izaya snapped his fingers in front of my face- much closer than he had been before. "Anybody in there?"

"Huh?"

"Ah! He's returned!" He swayed back on his heels, clapping with a smile mocking the act of a mother encouraging a child. "But seriously, you're going to be late." I followed the point of Izaya's jutted thumb over towards the oven's digital clock.