Chapter 4: It's my life, Isn't it? Part 4

hello everyone, here is another chapter for you guys... i try to be consistent but, i fail miserably... huhuhuhu, but I'm back, so enjoy. Thank you.

***********************

I shake my head in an attempt to ignore my miserable thought.

My mouth then part to answer Might,

"I'm pretty sure that you guys would be fine... I will make sure to write a recommendation letter for each of you guys so that no matter when I die, you guys would have a place to go to-"

Of course, that is if that 'someone' allows.

"Though, I'm not sure whether such an evil person like me could be such a credible recommender for you guys or not..."

Finish me nonchalantly with a shrug.

Might frown with an indescribable expression,

The knights also wear the same facial.

Might then call me,

"Milord..."

I didn't bother to gaze at him as I took a sip of my coffee.

He continues,

"Since the day milord took on this responsibility as the head of this Dukedom, we all, your servant... make a pledge to only be loyal to you..."

As his eyes sincerely stare at me,

"If the day comes where you left us... follow you is what we oblige to do..."

He stands on his knees as he finishes his pledge.

I at that time, frowned.

Tsk*

My lips let out the sound of me clicking my tongue.

It shows just how much I dislike his statement just now.

'How foolish!!'

To make such a pledge to such a devil-like me, it's stupid.

'With the way, I am right now... he should know how close I am to death'

However still, he or perhaps with other servants too, they all still pledge to be loyal to me.

Isn't this such a stupid act to do?

'I hate this!!'

I really hate how blind their pledge is.

Or perhaps because that 'something' already set them like towards me, they were forced to follow me.

'That bastard... just why would they force this puppet toward their doom?'

Isn't it enough only me running to my doomsday?

Why would they have to drag everyone too?

'This is so frustrating!!'

Haa*

I sighed once again.

My eyes then glance towards Might as I pinched my temple, feeling headache from all of this talk.

'They are so poor...'

I became pity towards them.

Living as puppets, 

they had no choice whatsoever as I drag them down.

'From the way I live till now... I could already grasp that it's would be a matter of time before my enemy catch me...'

With how evil I was from a public point of view, I knew for sure that one day, the nobility or royalty would drag me to the gallows.

And me, as hopeless as I can be, won't have a choice but to obey.