Chapter 2: The Devil And The Fox Lady (Part 2)

Art Source: Pixiv
Search: Yae Miko

==================================

"Hmm..." Miko hums as she think about it for a few seconds. "Why don't we address the elephant in the room first?" She suggests to Lucifer.

But Miko doesn't wait for his thoughts about it. "You're not a Fatui Agent, are you?" Miko says bluntly. "If all the Fatui Agents are like you, then we would have never had a chance to foil your schemes." Miko says with a knowing smirk.

Lucifer does not look surprised since he knew that Miko would've noticed it right away. "I would like to apologize for not being honest with you, Lady Yae. I thought that if I revealed all my cards, you will loose the interest I need from you. As such, I was forced to hide my true identity." He says as he bows his head politely.

"Come now, no need to apologize. You've certainly did a splendid job in gaining my interest." Miko shakes her hand with a giggle. "So does this mean you have a real name, after all?" She asked curiously, since she was still unsure if he is hiding his true name or not.

"Unfortunately I was telling the truth when I said that I do not know of my own name." Lucifer shakes his head, much to Miko's disappointment. "However you are correct. I am not a Fatui Agent." He admits.

Lucifer bows once more. "Let me reintroduce myself properly this time. I am the No. 0 of the Eleven Fatui Harbingers, codename "The Devil", but others know me as Lucifer Morningstar." He introduced himself politely.

"The Devil?" Miko scans Lucifer from up to down. "I suppose it is a fitting alias." Miko admits Lucifer's devlishly handsome and all dark appearance, including hiding from within.

"And the number zero?" Miko look at Lucifer with intrigue. "It would make a complete sense. Even The Balladeer who is the 6th Harbinger is already more powerful than I am."

"You're even more powerful than Morax in his prime--No." Miko shakes her head to her own statement. "Perhaps... you are even more powerful than..." Miko trails off, realizing the only one who is above Morax are Celestia.

"Enlighten me, Mr. Morningstar." Miko says, her knowing smile disappears after realizing something is amiss. "You wouldn't happen to be planning on fighting against Destiny itself, are you?" Miko asked, masking her concern from Lucifer.

Lucifer remains silent, allowing Miko's imagination run wild. Although her imagination is not exactly wrong either, Lucifer thought.

"How very foolish, and yet a very amusing response." Miko says with a shake of her head. "However I'll have to refrain myself from prying any further. Too much curiosity usually kills the fox." Miko winks, not wanting to get involved with something related to Celestia anymore.

From Miko's experience alone, they taught her that nothing good will come out from involving yourself with Celestia, directly or even indirectly. Even if Miko is intrigued--and she most definitely are--her intrigue could lead her into something far too troublesome than she could handle. So she is forced to draw the line here. She will not have a foolish death.

"Then let's move on to the other elephant in the room." Miko change the subject, not finished yet.

"What on Teyvat happened for you to hold such an unimaginable amount of corrupted dark power? Even the strongest of the Gods should've been long consumed by the corruption and turned into a hideous beast. And yet here you are, having full control if it. But you have so much power within disposal, you're practically leaking your powers everywhere." Miko says in curiosity.

To her eyes, Lucifer is burning with darkness that almost fills the entire room even when he's suppressing it. Honestly his power is suffocating for Miko, or for anyone in this world.