Chapter 3: The Devil's Goal

Art Source: Pixiv
Search: Yae Miko

==================================

Lucifer walked under the moonlight in silence as he recall his conversation with the Guuji Miko. His eyes trails back from the forest path to the Grand Narukami Shrine, where it sits right at the top of Mt. Yougou.

The mountain had been split into two from the Narukami Island all the way to the Yashiori Island. These are the remnants of the Electro Archon's destructive technique to slay the Evil God. Legend has it that the Electro Archon split the whole Inazuma with a dull blade without the need of Musou Isshin, the legendary sword made of divine. And it doesn't seem that the Raiden Shogun needs the Gnosis to do this kind of feat either. Such a terrifying and tremendous power. She deserves to be feared indeed, Lucifer thought.

He stops in his tracks and gaze unto the floating island in the sky, Celestia. His usual calm and reserved gaze now clouded by resentment and anger, his fist clenched and enveloped in dark blue and purple aura, as if he will destroy the island right then and there. But in the end he rips his gaze away from it and calms himself down.

"No. Not yet. It's still too early."

He calms his breathing first before the dark aura around his hand slowly dissipates.

"You know," Lucifer says after he is calm once more. "It's rude to follow someone without their consent." He says to the bush not far from where he stands.

Then, an arrow created by Hydro falls from the sky, which hits Lucifer right in the head. But when the mist of water slowly clears, Lucifer still stood tall and remains unharmed and even completely dry without a single speck of water.

Lucifer sighed. "I'm not in the mood for your usual game, Ajax." He says to Childe who walked out of the bush with a bow on his hand.

Childe whines like a child would. "Aw~ Come on, Lucifer! Just one spar? Just can't help it whenever I meet you." Childe begs as he clasp his hand together.

Lucifer sighed in defeat. "Fine. But you have to promise to focus on tracking The Balladeer down after this."

Childe grins happily as he prepares himself for a fun battle with Lucifer. "Alright! Let's have some fun! I never planned on defying the Tsaritsa's will in the first place anyway." He says before launching himself at Lucifer.

The fight started with Lucifer blocking Childe's hydro blades with his bare hand. Lucifer could've ended the fight right at this instant, but for Childe's sake, Lucifer is willing to make things fun for him, or at least make him think that he has a chance. After all, he did just entertain Miko just a moment ago.

To Lucifer, it's nothing different than handling a child who thinks that he had a chance of winning. Even Childe knows that Lucifer is holding back, but he doesn't care as long as he can enjoy the fight.

Even without using his power, Lucifer remained completely unharmed--albeit a bit drenched from Childe's hydro attacks. Childe didn't even manage to make him budge from where he stood, and even fails to force him to use both of his hands to fend off against his attacks.

As the fight goes on, Childe had to resort to his Foul Legacy Transformation. But alas, it still did nothing to change the tide of the battle. Childe's significant power increase is futile against Lucifer's unparalleled and overwhelming physical prowess.

Lucifer block Childe's spear with his finger, as Childe desperately tries to push Lucifer. "As expected of the hidden Harbinger, or should I say--The No. 0 Harbinger--The Devil. The only Harbinger that can topple even the throne by himself." Childe says with a tired huft. "Even after Liyue, I still can't even make you fight with both hands. Just like my master."