Chapter 5: The Devil's Fate (Part 2)

Art Source: Pixiv
Search: Yae Miko

==================================

Lucifer chuckles. "Then are you willing to switch with me? Or perhaps join me to make it fair?" He suggests, shooting her a charming grin.

For him to say that while he's completely naked certainly caught her off guard and unfair. And let's not forget that she is still watching him bathing, which added more punch to his flirting.

"You are merely wasting your time. Need I remind you of our conversation from yesterday?" Miko crossed her arms. "I have no intention to be with someone who are far worth the trouble than it is worth. Let alone an enemy." She says with a humph, although her twitching ears betrays her words.

Lucifer held back a smile before disintegrating the cigarette on his hand, then motions Miko to turn around, so he can dry himself and wear his clothings without being watched by her. She gave him a look of pout of disappointment that looks too adorable to Lucifer and even manage to stun him. But ultimately he sternly motions her to turn around anyway. She shows him a dramatic sad look on her face, but do as he says.

"But is it not amusing for you? Don't you find it more amusing that your enemy stubbornly tries to capture your heart?" Lucifer asked with a smirk.

"I am not asking for a chance, Lady Yae." Lucifer added more. "All I ask is if you wish to be entertained. Because in the end it's still up to you to respond to my feelings."

Miko looks intrigued by Lucifer's idea. "Oh? Do tell me what kind of entertainment you have in mind?" Miko asked with an amused smile, still having her back turned on him. "And I hope the entertainment you have in mind is not simply the way you look at Erika with impure thoughts." Miko tease with a playful grin on her face.

Lucifer ignores her teasing remarks. "Nothing that crossed the boundary." Lucifer says sternly. "As you might have already guessed, Lady Yae, this world rejects me." He explains to Miko as he noticed her sneaking a glance at him, but thankfully he already have his pants on before she can see everything.

Miko is not even hiding the fact that she's sneaking glances at him, so he decides to put an example of what he just mentioned while she's still looking his way.

Lucifer reached his hand out to the side and grabs a bird that flies by without looking. The bird on his hand squeaks in pain before it was consumed by dark purple and blue flame. It disintegrated into ashes before they were carried by the wind, leaving nothing behind on Lucifer's hand.

"As you have just witnessed, the creatures of this world cannot coexist with the creatures of darkness. It doesn't matter if we try to or not. It is simply the laws of this world." Lucifer says as he shows his hand to Miko, showing nothing is left of the bird.

"I am a parasite to this world." Lucifer explained more, his face stoic as he said that, as if to hide the pain. "I don't need to try to kill this world. I AM killing it simply by existing. And it goes the same for the people living in it as well." He says as he wears his glove on.

"That is why even if I want to, I cannot even dare to touch you. Or you'll end up with the same fate as that bird." Lucifer reassures her, but at the same time indirectly warning her to never touch him.

"Yes. I've noticed." Miko says, crossing her arms, although a bit distracted by Lucifer's bare chest.

Miko noticed that on her own already. Yesterday Lucifer had always been avoiding Miko from having skin contact. Whenever she gets a bit too close to Lucifer, he would always lean away or move away. It's not because he feels disgusted, but because he could not let anyone touch him or he'll end up killing them by accident.