Chapter 4: The Devil's Fate (Part 1)

Art Source: Pixiv
Search: Yae Miko

==================================

Miko let out a deep sigh of disappointment at the book she's currently reviewing in her hand. "No. This won't do." Miko says with a shaking head as the head editors fidgets nervously in front of their intimidating boss. "It's not free enough. It's just too dry." She says with disappointment.

"Pass this message to our new writer. Where's the freedom? The imagination? The excitement? The twist? The question that leads to more questions?" Miko says to the editors, while they squirm under the barrage of questions from Miko. "Redo it. Do not bother with the genre. Just write their stories well."

"There is nothing wrong with following the genre, but do not let it limit your imagination to create a well-written story." She says as she hands them the book while they meekly received it from her.

"If a work had the quality that could surmount the tide, why go with the flow nonetheless?" Miko gave them an advice. "Now go on, then. I'll be waiting for the rework of their story." She says to the editors and they responded with a loud yes, before bowing to her respectfully and left the shrine.

Miko finished her sake before standing up. "Inagi." She calls out to a Shrine Maiden who sometimes takes over Miko's work in the case she gets too busy. "I'll be heading out for a bit." Miko says to her.

"Yes, of course, Lady Yae." Inagi bows her head as Miko heads down to Inazuma city.

Miko was busy for the whole day, so it is to no surprise that she craves for her favourite food after a hard day's work. Fried Tofu and a sake. Perfect for satisfying her hunger and her mood.

Miko arrives at the famous Uyuu Restaurant where they served the best fried tofu all over the Inazuma. But just as she went inside the restaurant, she sees a small crowd gathering in front of the counter and a commotion that is hidden by it.

Curious of the commotion, Miko effortlessly slips deeper into the crowd to see what it is that gain so much attention of a lot of people. And judging from this familiar feeling alone, Miko can pretty much make a rough guess.

"I said get out of my restaurant!" The owner of Uyuu restaurant yells at a familiar towering man.

"Ah, yes. This was bound to happen when the world rejects you and your power." Miko thought to herself with a sigh.

Lucifer stays calm despite the owner yelling at him. "I understand. However I would appreciate it if I can just get my orders first before I leave." Lucifer says.

"Do you not hear what I just said?! You don't deserve to be in my restaurant, let alone order a food!" Okazaki Rikuto, the owner of the restaurant shouted as he bares his teeth at Lucifer. "I knew you were trouble once I saw you coming through that door. The way you look at my wife... it's clear to me that you have impure thoughts of her! How could you dare to approach a married woman when her husband is in the same room?!" Rikuto tells his reason for his anger as he hides his scared wife from Lucifer.

Miko noticed that the dark power Lucifer have is slowly consuming Rikuto's heart, influencing Rikuto's action. It's not exactly Lucifer's fault either, since his power is leaking everywhere and threatens the lives of others. Well, that would be the case if he had been near them for far too long.

The corruption will not only consume their soul, but also their mind, plunging them into madness and turning them into a being with only negative emotion and dark energy. The current actions of Rikuto is the perfect example of how everyone treats Lucifer everyday and everytime. Miko would've been the same as them, if she was a normal human, or unaware of his dark power's influence.