Chapter 8: The Fox Lady's Trickery (Part 1)

Art Source: Pixiv
Search: Yae Miko

==================================

(AN: So this one chapter is too short for someone who had been away for 3 weeks. But that's because I divided it into two chapters, and the other one is still in progress. I might upload it next week, but since I'll be busy with work for two weeks, I might upload it after another three weeks at max. Yeah, I know. I'm sorry for doing this to you guys, but writing Yae Miko had been very stressful and the most fun character to write I have ever had since I loved writing stories. But that also means that I had to do it with proper calculations which prolongs the writing process. And I'm already way behind my work schedule as it is, but I just had to finish this chapter first because you guys deserved it for waiting such a long time.

I would also like to remind you guys, I DO NOT SUPPORT DRUG USE. Trust me, you guys are way cooler and more awesome without them. The reason I made Lucifer use drugs is to make him look pathetic and stupid, instead of being cool. So I'll say this again, do not use drugs. It's not worth it and you are more amazing as you are now.)

==================================

"Why didn't you correct them that they didn't saw it wrong?" Miko tilts her head at Lucifer in curiosity.

Lucifer flinched at her words. "What?" Lucifer thought to himself. "Did she saw it all that night?" Lucifer starts to panic, but tries his best to calm himself down and remain unreadable as he always do.

But how and when? Perhaps when he was too high to sense his surrounding?

It was different when Lumine mentioned it, since he had no strong connection to her. But with Miko, everything matters.

Lucifer despise showing this side of him to Miko. It was for the same reason when she saw him in that pathetic state in Uyuu restaurant. Because he do not fear of incurring the wrath of the Gods. No. What he truly fear is by revealing his pathetic side to Miko. His true color. He is afraid that by revealing to Miko that he is a man unworthy of her time, she will start avoiding him. And while he is more than well aware that their time together is fleeting, he do not wish to cut this blissful moment to be even shorter than it already is.

"May I ask what you are implying, Lady Yae?" Lucifer pretend to not know what she is speaking of.

"Oh dear~ It's amusing to see you acting like a teenager playing dumb in front of their mother. How adorable~" Miko remarks with an amused smile, but Lucifer remains unfazed by it.

"My apologies, but I still do not know what you are trying to say, Lady Yae." Lucifer replied with an unreadable face.

Miko's smile turns into a sadistic smirk creeps onto her lips, which deeply unsettles Lucifer. "Still putting up an act? At least you're making this more interesting for me." Miko giggles.

"Let's see now. What was his name again?" Miko taps her chin playfully. "Oh, yes! Your little Harbinger friend, Ajax! Cute boy~ Perhaps you should introduce me to him some time." Miko mention the 11th of the Fatui Harbinger with an innocent face.

Lucifer's eyes widened at the mention of his name. How did she know Childe's true name? If memory serves him right, Childe has yet to mention his true name to even the Traveler, at least according to his letters. Perhaps he told her without Lucifer's knowledge? Then again, that night Lucifer called Childe by his true name, since he thought they were alone until he decides to dull his senses with his cigarette. So she and Lumine must have been watching since then. Still, why does his instinct tells him that Miko knows more than the Traveler?