2

It was Rin's birthday and he was excited to be spending it with his boyfriend Makoto. Makoto had been hinting at a surprise since January and Rin was glad that he finally didn't have to wait any longer. Makoto finally came home after a long day of working and wrapped his arms around Rin as soon as he saw him. Rin wasn't quite sure what he did, but he knew that Makoto did freelance work for some pretty important families. It was lucky for Rin because before he had met Makoto, he had been working as a barista in a coffee shop chain. Makoto had been a random customer one time who had taken to Rin. He used to travel a lot for his work and so wouldn't be in one place for very long but after meeting Rin, he kept coming back. It had annoyed Rin at first, all of Makoto's flirtations, but with time he got to know Makoto better and actually liked him. Makoto really swept him off his feet, it wasn't long before they started dating and it didn't take long to get serious after that with Rin moving in with Makoto after a few short months. Makoto was always so sweet and caring, he would do anything for Rin. And he had the funds to. What ever it was that Makoto did, it must be in high demand and Makoto must be the best. Rin never asked too much, the more time he spent with Makoto, the more Makoto did. He started taking care of Rin so much that Rin didn't need to work anymore.

Makoto stepped back and set his bag down. He reached into it and brandished a small envelope. He smiled angelically, with his lips parted and eyes closed, handing the envelope to Rin. "Happy birthday Rin."

Rin smiled and took the envelope, quickly opening it. Tucked inside were two plane tickets to Europe. His jaw dropped and he looked up at Makoto. Makoto just smiled again, "Surprise!" Rin didn't know what to say. Makoto said, "We leave tomorrow for two weeks."

"Makoto..." Rin couldn't contain his excitement any more, he threw his arms around Makoto, hugging him tightly. "This is amazing!"

Makoto hugged Rin back, moving only to place a kiss on his head, "I'm glad you like it." Rin pulled back just enough to touch his lips to Makoto's, kissing him hungrily.