5

George is led back down the stairs that he and Dream had walked up, and through several halls. His vision swims slightly, still dizzy from being hit over the head, as they walk through the maze of corridors. He doesn't ask how this place has power, he's too nervous to break the silence. No conversation is supplied, and George keeps his hand hovered over the gun at his waist.

He can tell Dream notices, but George chooses to ignore the tall prick. Sapnap leads the way and soon they're entering a large room, a sitting room of some sort, where a few people lounge about on couches.

Sapnap speaks, everyone's eyes darting to peer curiously at George, "Everyone meet George. He's here to stay with us for as long as he likes."

A light laugh brings George's attention to a blond headed man, who sits on a couch, gold necklace between his teeth. Humorous sarcasm laces his tone. "Dream brought back another stray? How surprising."

"Yes, Punz," Sapnap says, smiling grimly. He turns to George, saying, "That's Punz, our coordinator of weapons and the best sniper here."

Punz jerks his chin up in greeting, an intimidating smile curling on his lips. Sapnap points to a dark haired man, who wears a blue sweatshirt, his distaste for George made clear with his frown. "That's Skeppy. He's in charge of making sure we have enough food. Tommy and Tubbo also help with food. They're probably running around here somewhere."

"Most likely messing with the power as we speak," Skeppy muses, humor in his voice, eyes narrowed as he studies George.

Sapnap mutters his agreement. He says, "Bad is in charge of the power and lights that we have. He's probably sleeping; poor guy gets his energy drained having to deal with Tommy and Tubbo."

Dream laughs softly, but George doesn't crack a smile, still tense. His hand doesn't move over his gun, eyes darting between all the people in the room. Everyone notices his nerves, but no one comments.

"You've met Karl already," Sapnap says, arms crossed. "And Callahan is somewhere around here. He tends to stick with Karl the most, but he offers help wherever it's needed."

George says nothing, and the room slowly tenses even further. "Damn," a voice remarks from behind George, drawing closer, "you brought in a jumpy one, didn't you, Dream?"

George turns to watch the newcomer walk in. He's tall, the ends of his blond hair dyed a faded green. Dream replies, glancing at George, "He'll settle down eventually."

The man just laughs softly as he sits next to Punz. "They always do."

"Hey, Sam," Sapnap greets before explaining to George, "he's our tech genius. Used to be an engineer, and now he fixes whatever problems may occur."

"Nice to meet you," Sam says with a kind smile.

George nods, the movement subtle. His eyes snap to a sturdy built, brown-haired man, who has been sitting in silence and the last to speak. "I'm Foolish! I manage storage and transportation if we ever have to take a trip. Oh, and I also manage the music that you'll hear through the speakers."

"Nice to meet all of you," George says warily, watching everyone nod in response.

Sapnap inhales before saying, "It's late, so I'm gonna head off to bed. Dream, make sure he gets something to eat and give him a room."

Sapnap walks out of the room, and Dream says, "Sounds good! Sleep well, Sap."

Sapnap lifts his hand and waves over his shoulder, not sparing a single glance as he leaves. George swallows and looks around cautiously. His eyes settle on Dream, who grins and says, "Follow me."