11

George walks into the kitchen one morning, surprised to find Dream talking with Sam. They both go silent for a moment, and Sam lifts his hand in greeting.

George waves back, blinking in surprise when Dream smiles. It's careful, Dream's smile, slowly showing ivory teeth and dimpling tan cheeks. Unsure, George offers a hesitant smile in return.

"How's the prettiest man alive doing?" Dream asks boldly, only a small trace of caution in his tone.

"I don't know, how is the prettiest man alive doing?" George replies without thinking.

The words hit him a second too late and he freezes.

"What?" Dream questions, a smirk growing on his face. Any ounce of caution is wiped away in an instant.

"Wh― What?" George stammers, cheeks burning as he looks away, cursing himself internally. Fuck, fuck, fuck. He didn't mean to flirt back.

"You just made his dick grow ten sizes bigger because of that comment," Sam mutters, looking between them incredulously.

George looks at Sam, lips curling at the crude comment. Sam holds his hands up and, taking a piece of toast between his teeth, he mumbles as he walks away, "Ego, I meant ego."

Sam leaves a flustered and confused George behind with a grinning Dream. Hesitantly, George looks up after a moment to find a softer smile on Dream's face.

"I know a really cool place," Dream says. "Do you wanna see it?"

"Sure," George replies tentatively.

Dream's smile grows. "You're gonna love it."

~

This place that Dream wants to show George is outside the premises of the bunker, and Dream has to ask Sapnap for permission. When Sapnap asked where they were going, Dream just replied, "The field."

"The field" sounds ominous, and part of George is nervous. Does Dream hold a grudge? A field sounds like a good place to kill someone. So, George doesn't leave without his gun, he never goes anywhere without it anyway.

They take the same motorcycle as last time, but it's now free of blood, completely clean. George only holds onto Dream because he has too, and he makes sure that's obviously with his stiff posture. Dream doesn't seem to care, though, and they leave the garage.

It's still early morning, and George didn't miss the pack Dream attached to the bike. George doesn't know how long they'll be gone for. Part of him questions if he really should've left with Dream.

He has been spending a lot of time alone with Dream recently, but this feels different. Now, they're going somewhere where the rest of Dream's friends are hours, maybe days, away on foot.

When Dream slows the motorcycle and parks it, George figures it was at least three hours of driving. He gets off the vehicle, pulling off his helmet as he watches Dream stabilize the motorcycle. Dream doesn't seem to have any worries about being ambushed or looted, and leaves his helmet and pack on the bike as he walks away.

George sets his helmet down as well, following Dream hesitantly. He observes the scenery around him. The grass is brighter than what George is used to, and there are more trees here. Noticing that there's no buildings or manmade structures for miles, George wonders how long this place has been left undisturbed.

He follows several paces behind Dream, and the only sound is the whistle of the wind through tree leaves as they enter a small, wooded forest. The serenity of the place eases George's mind, soothing his thoughts. He doesn't know why, but an inkling of trust kindles in his chest.