Chapter 2 [M]

Their parents - Chaeyoung cringes at the wording - their parents are still on a trip. The cruise ended a week ago, but they stumbled upon this picturesque little town in Europe and they are staying for however long it's needed to eat croissants and wander narrow paved streets.

Her father doesn't call her. Jennie informs her of this after a short talk with her mother. It mostly consisted of Jennie's occasional grunts and Chaeyoung's silent questioning as to why Jennie is having this talk when Chaeyoung's trying to watch a documentary. She was also wondering why Jennie was pretending to read next to her while she was watching the documentary. Maybe she should move the TV to her room. No, that wouldn't be fair, the living room is a neutral territory. She doesn't have the monopoly on it. Not anymore.

They haven't mentioned the kiss. Well. Verbally. Jennie is everywhere, and she's stopped believing in the concept of pants, too.

She's very, very confusing. Chaeyoung catches her glances, dark and heavy. She can't tell if Jennie wants to punch her or kiss her. Maybe, to Jennie, those are one and the same. Chaeyoung's certain of one thing: after that unfortunate night their dynamic has shifted, and she has no idea where they stand now. She liked it a lot more when they were resentful, unwilling step-siblings. Now, the control is slipping away from her and Jennie is much better at handling the situation than she is. Then again, Jennie's the one to have put them in this situation.

A fabulous lie, Chaeyoung thinks, and pushes the memory of her own lips moving against Jennie's to the back of her mind.

She's downstairs doing her homework when Jennie starts to cry out and moan, coupled with another set of distinctively female sounds. A girl today. That's refreshing. The girl isn't as vocal about her pleasure as Jennie. None of Jennie's lovers are as far as Chaeyoung can tell from her unwilling observations.

The sounds she make are loud enough to penetrate the heavy oak door of her father's study. Chaeyoung grits her teeth and goes to turn up the volume, only to discover it's already on maximum. And yes, she doesn't hear Jennie as clearly anymore, but now the music doesn't let her concentrate and the music doesn't erase the knowledge that Jennie is getting her brains fucked out.

This is ridiculous.

She doesn't even think as she shoots to her feet and marches up the stairs. She really should have. The door to Jennie's room is wide open, and she's treated to a lovely sight of Jennie riding the unknown brunette.

(Does Jennie even know her name? Sometimes, they don't know Jennie's.)

Jennie's hair is tangled up in her own fingers and her hips are moving with abandon. Chaeyoung tries, she really, really does, but her gaze still falls to the place where their hips are joined, and she quickly learns Jennie doesn't mind toys in her bed. This is so not what she needs right now.

It all happens within a short space of time. No more than a second, really. Chaeyoung's gaze snaps up to meet Jennie, and Jennie, oh. She doesn't show even a tiny sign of stopping.

Instead, she looks Chaeyoung square in the eye, and her shapely thighs move with renewed vigor. Her pupils are wide, wider than they were when she caught Chaeyoung's lips with her own, wider than when she gripped the edge of the kitchen island, breathing harsh and cheeks rosy. It's clear as day that Jennie's trying to get a rise out of her, though Chaeyoung has yet to find the reason. Maybe, this is the reason. The hot flash of something in her belly as she watches her step-sister ride some lowlife to a fake orgasm.

Jennie's lips stretch in a tiny smirk, and Chaeyoung snaps out of it, scowl back on her face.

"Jennie." The girl beneath Jennie jumps up in surprise, gripping pale hips and prompting Jennie to release another long moan. The movement must have driven the toy deeper inside her, and Chaeyoung isn't about to think of that right now. She snarls. "Shut the fuck up."