Chapter 7

“What happened to stopping?”

Jennie sure doesn't pull any punches. She's lying on her side, head propped up on her hand, as she studies Chaeyoung  who's still struggling to catch her breath. So very familiar, Chaeyoung thinks – having Jennie in her bed, with sweat cooling off and heartbeats only just slowing down. She glances at her phone. Almost two.

Jennie's fingers are lazily drawing invisible circles on her stomach, and she can't find it in herself to even pretend to be mad.

“Well,” she starts cautiously. “It's... clearly not an option with us.”

The other girl snickers. “Clearly.” She appears completely at ease as she stares at Chaeyoung. Several hours of good sex will do that, Chaeyoung supposes. She feels at ease, too. Tired and spent. Her eyes venture down to Jennie's neck and chest, heaving delicately with breaths, and her body responds, filling up with sweet, throbbing ache all over.

Jennie's eyes are clear and piercing. She has no trouble focusing on Chaeyoung’s's face. Chaeyoung, however, can't say the same. Her gaze can't stay in one place. It jumps from her bare shoulder to the curve of her waist and hip. Jennie's chest is mostly hidden by a thin sheet, and Chaeyoung finds herself entranced with it, with the way it looks on Jennie, easy and comfortable and so, so alluring. Her skin is glistening with cooling sweat. Her neck is covered in marks, fading already – Chaeyoung didn't intend for them to stay, well, not in such visible a place, anyway. The evidence of them. She doesn't even realize she's reaching out until her fingers glide over skin, gently tugging the sheet down and revealing full breasts and pink nipples. Jennie chuckles as Chaeyoung slowly pushes her on her back, hovering above the girl and watching brown locks scatter on her pillow, each hair seemingly falling into its place.

“I take it you're not in the mood for pillow talk,” she drawls, gladly opening her neck to Chaeyoung’s insistent lips.

“Is that what we were doing?” Chaeyoung mumbles into her skin. She really wants to know how Jennie manages to smell so good even under such circumstances. Chaeyoung needs to take two showers daily to ensure herself her scent is fine. Sometimes, it seems to her that she doesn't even have a scent anymore, and she's more than okay with it. But Jennie - even when she sometimes misses a shower or two, her scent is intoxicating.

Jennie sighs, and her head falls back. “If you want,” she says. “Then yes, that's what we were doing.”

“I'm not much of a talker.”

That gets a short laugh from her step sister. “Biggest lie I've ever been told,” Jennie says. “And I dated Finn Choi.” The piece of information falls from her tongue so effortlessly it's easy to forget the heavy undercurrent. But Chaeyoung rarely forgets anything, if ever.

She tries very hard not to freeze. Not to make this anything more than it needs to be. “I meant I'm not much of a talker when I'm not having sex,” she points out. “And we're not having sex right now.”

She lifts her head, practically forcing herself to stop assaulting Jennie’s neck, and looks at her. Brown eyes twinkle with barely hidden gratitude, and Chaeyoung gives herself a mental pat on the back for making a good call. She wasn't particularly looking forward to discussing sleazy exes, and she's glad Jennie’s slip up has been successfully glossed over.

“Well,” the brunette smirks. “Looks like we're heading that way, so... You still lied, Chaeyoung.” She leans up, propping herself up on her elbows, so that her lips brush against Chaeyoung’s when she speaks. “You're very much of a talker.”

Chaeyoung’s eyes blaze black. “Fine. Let me narrow it down for you.” She pushes at Jennie, making her plop on her back, and leans in. “I don't talk much unless I'm buried knuckle-deep inside you.”