Chapter 13 [M]

last scene suggested listening: leona lewis - iris (goo goo dolls cover)

--- 
If she had to choose, their second time making love would be her favorite one. Precisely making love, because they've had their fair share of fucking and they've had sex and with Jennie it might be the same thing but for Chaeyoung it's not. Whenever she catches Jennie looking at her, though, she's sure it's not the same for Jennie either, now that they are in love with each other.

Chaeyoung doubts she'll ever get tired of stating that fact. Repeating it to herself over and over again. She's still quietly amazed; stunned every time she looks at Jennie and the realization hits her square in her chest.

She doesn't have to hide behind the weak 'like' when she thinks about Jennie. She loves the way Jennie scrunches her nose up when she's confused or concentrated. She loves the way Jennie bites her tongue when she teases her. Loves how Jennie always makes an effort to put everything back exactly the way it was. Loves how she knocks before entering her room. Loves watching her sleep and eat and read and smile and laugh.

Loves how Jennie is able to tell her she loves her without any words at all, in the quiet of their bed, holding her gaze and smoothing her thumb over her cheek. Loves loves loves.

Those little moments are exactly why their second time (making love, that is) is her favorite. The parents left for the weekend, and since it was winter break, they didn't have any homework so their evening was free. There was no one but them. They woke up slowly and softly, to kisses and strokes and smiles.

Jennie skin was warm and smelled like sun, somehow. She remembers because she said that out loud and Jennie’s nose crinkled when she laughed. She thought it was silly because the sun doesn’t have a smell, and they argued about that before Chaeyoung had enough and pinned her to the mattress, effectively shutting her up and making her scream instead. Chaeyoung wants to go back there right now. Wants to trace Jennie’s warm, naked skin.

And, if she's being honest with herself, she just wants to go back there because there was no Abby.

But she's in the now, and the now has Abby Kim staring them down silently. It's like she's waiting for them to crack. Chaeyoung really isn't sure what more she could possibly want. She caught them red handed. There's not much they can confess after this.

"How long has this been going on?" Or there is.

Jennie twitches next to her on the couch, and Chaeyoung curls her hand in a fist to stop herself from reaching out to her. No need to aggravate Abby further. "Not long," the girl mumbles.

"Define 'not long'." Abby's voice is pure ice, and Chaeyoung shivers. Her step sister glances at her, then, a silent question in her eyes, and she sighs. There's not much use in lying, she thinks. But Jennie clearly has a different idea.

The brunette blinks and meets her mother's steady gaze. "A little less than a month."

Chaeyoung struggles not to choke at the blatant lie.

"A month." Doesn't look like Abby is buying it, either. But Chaeyoung trusts Jennie with her own mother. If she thinks they will be better off lying, she'll support it.

"Yes," she croaks out, fingers grasping at the hem of her shirt when Abby looks at her. She never wants to be under this gaze again. "Less than a month. We... I'm..."

"I started it." Jennie’s eyes are crystal and her gaze is unwavering. Chaeyoung finds herself envying her skill. She has trouble simply meeting people's eyes sometimes. Not often, but she does. Jennie looks Abby square in the eye as she lies her ass off, and it's something to admire, really. "Because I'm in love with her."