Chapter 11

Another week passes, and even though Jennie is clearly having trouble agreeing, she relents and lets her go back to her training routine. "But no heavy lifting," she says, pointing a finger at Chaeyoung’s startled face. "You have a head trauma."

"I just have a small cut, Jennie," Chaeyoung corrects her. It's already mostly healed. She's got a funny fuzzy patch of hair around the wound. She touched it once, and it felt weird. "My training also doesn't have much weightlifting. It's easy to exclude."

Jennie nods, satisfied. "Good. I will also supervise you. Just in case." As soon as she says it, Chaeyoung immediately knows it's a bad idea. Well, not 'bad' per se, really. Not 'bad' as in 'bad for their relationship.' Certainly bad for her training, though.

(Is this a relationship?)

Chaeyoung’s suspicions are proven to be right this same evening, and she briefly laments her wasted workout before kissing a breathless Jennie again. On the other hand, Jennie is certainly a form of workout. And more enjoyable than pretty much everything in her basement-turned-home gym where they currently are, with Jennie pressing her into the mat and squirming at gentle kisses Chaeyoung’s raining down her neck. Looks like the ban on sex has finally been lifted, and Chaeyoung is certainly not complaining.

She wonders if Jennie's aware just how much Chaeyoung misses this. Needs this. Needs her.

"God, Chaeyoung..."

"Just Chaeyoung ."

"How original."

"It's hard to be original with you on top of me." If it were any other day, Jennie would have scoffed. Maybe ground down on Chaeyoung harder to make her squirm. But, as Jennie likes to remind her, she's got a head injury and Jennie would make an absolutely insufferable doctor one day. if she decides in favor of med school, that is. They haven't decided yet.

(They?)

So, as soon as Chaeyoung’s words leave her mouth, Jennie immediately rolls off, her expression one of concern. "Was I smothering you?" it's evident that Jennie only heard 'hard' and 'you on top of me' and jumped to less gross conclusions than she usually would have.

Chaeyoung groans, plopping onto the mat. Jennie is sweet and lovable, but this is becoming too much. Okay, that's a lie. She likes it. The constant doting that Jennie has been doing. But right now that's not what she has in mind. "Jennie," she starts, propping herself up on her elbows. "How did you even come to this conclusion?" And, really. She can bench press her own weight, and Jennie has to be at least ten percent lighter than her. Maybe even more. She should let her know about that. And about being able to bench press her own weight. "I lift you all the time."

Jennie smiles briefly before sobering up. "But you're not injured all the time." And there it is. Something that Chaeyoung expected to happen as soon as her health wasn't in immediate danger. Brown eyes flash with barely concealed guilt, and she sighs, grasping Jennie's hand with her own. It's so soft compared to hers. And little, too. She brushes her thumb over Jennie's knuckles, and the girl lets out a sigh.

“Jennie.” She smiles her 'barely-there' smile, and brown eyes soften. “I'm fine. It's been a little over two weeks.”

Chaeyoung thinks she's succeeded, just for a moment. But Jennie is nothing if not stubborn. Her gaze falls, and she stands, brushing herself off. “Still. I shouldn't have jumped you like that.”

This conversation is long overdue, and Chaeyoung mentally kicks herself for not starting it sooner. “Jennie.” She follows her step sister, rising to her feet as well. She's sweaty and feels a little gross, but this is important. “I'm fine.” She takes her hand again, and Jennie doesn't try to shake her off. She watches as Jennie's fingers run over the boxing wraps she's still wearing. She smirks a little as she remembers Jennie's breathless 'leave them on' before kissing her.