Chapter 1

December 2005,

Rivendell, a place of wonder,beautiful colors,golden architecture,stags,and kindness to any outsiders. But if you lived there you knew that that was not all true. It was survival of the fittest,cruel rulers,kids raised to die. All of this was done in fear. In fear of what you may ask? Exor and his newest champion. But we are getting ahead of ourselves.Let's go to the beginning of our story

It was a cold and snowy day.The sun had just peaked over the horizon.Two princes got ready for the most important day of their lives even if they didn't know at the time.

Someone knocked on the door.The purple haired boy opened the bedroom door

"Your highnesses your father requests an audience with you.He says it urgent. So if you can follow me?"the maid said as she started to walk away.

They nodded, grabbed their overcoats and followed her.They reached the throne room.The large gold doors had intricate designs and patterns of stags,elves,and owls. Two servants opened the doors.The long cyan runner led up to a huge gold throne with stag horns poking out of the top.Next to it was a smaller just as beautiful throne with two owls sat atop it. Sat on the throne with stag horns was a man with beautiful cyan and white robes with gold accents and an icy glare. A pair of gold antlers grew out of his head.This is the king of Rivendell,the father of the two boys. Sat next to the king was the queen,she too was decked out in gold,white,and cyan. A quartz crown sat atop her head and she had an owl perched on her shoulder. The man cleared his throat

"My sons,this is the last time you two will ever be seen as equals. A prophet came to my study and he told me a prophecy. One about the champions"

The two princes' eyes widened. They exchanged a quick look between each other. A tear rolled down the queen's cheek. The king continued.

"He told me that in 1 and half hours one of you will be chosen by the mighty Aeor" the room went quiet "the other will be demoted and will only live in the palace, but will be treated as a commoner...well worse. You are dismissed meet at the church in an hour"

The two princes nodded and slowly walked back to their rooms.Not a word was exchanged between the boys until they got to their bedroom. Tears rolling down their cheeks. They got to their room and sat down on the cyanettes bed.

"Xornoth,I don't wanna fight you...I-I-I... I don't want one of us to die" the cyan haired boy started to cry harder.

Xornoth pushed the boy's hair out of his face and wiped the tears. "I know Scott,I don't want to either...but who knows maybe we won't have to fight we'll find a way" Scott nodded with a reassuring smile. They both knew that was impossible.They got ready and started the walk.

The streets were crowded.Almost all the villagers surrounded the church and statue. Guards had to push a path for them.No one was saying a word just stares,long hard stares. Like they were placing bets in their head.

They reached the church. The size could easily intimidate you.The huge pillars,quartz walls,the huge gold antlers on the front. Two guards opened the doors. There was a long multicolored runner leading up to the altar. The king and queen were in the front pew. They knelt in front of the altar. Each muttering prayers to Aeor. A golden beam would appear around the chosen champion of Aeor, and a black beam choosing the champion of Exor. Hearts beating this day was feared for decades. This day will decide the future for not only Rivendell but all the 12 of the holy empires.

Then it happened.

All of the golden antlers in Rivendell glowed a bright gold. The people rejoiced. Well not everyone. Xornoth had been surrounded by a gold beam and Scott a black one. Scott was ushered out of the church.

While Xornoth was being praised and showered with gifts. Scott was getting stripped of everything he owned and given a bucket and a rag. The lives of both princes were about to change for the better and worse.