Chapter 3

The day of the House Blossom Ball,2010

Everything had to be perfect. Servants, butlers, maids were running around the castle; everything had to be perfect before they left. Especially for Scott. He had been getting more corrupted by the day. His antlers had grown twice as fast as Xornoths. Black and red vines crawling up his skin. Today was the last day before he got locked in the basement.He would only leave when he gets banished,the day after Xornoth becomes king.Everything had to be perfect. But of course things don't always go according to plan.

Scott had just picked up a huge stack of paperwork. It was to be dropped off at the king's study and just as he started the journey he ran into the king. One of three people he would never want to see.The other two being his mother and Xornoth. To be honest he really didn't want to see anyone.But that wouldn't happen.

Scott did his best to avoid eye contact but it was no use. When they passed each other the king put his foot out. Trip. Scott fell to the ground,papers everywhere. The king with a smug grin on his face said "You must pay attention to where you are walking." Then with the swish of his robes the king was gone. Scott grumbled a nasty remark about the king to himself. If he was being honest,he could not wait until his parents were dead. Then Scott heard the sound of  footsteps coming towards him,fast. He looks up to see Xornoth coming towards him. Just his luck!

Xornoth started picking up papers and said "Scott! It's been forever since we've seen each other. Dad was being so-"

He's cut off by Scott "Your majesty,if you don't mind i am very busy. The king was just.... so please leave me be." Scott started picking up the papers faster. Just a few more left.

Xornoth looked stunned "Your majesty?The king? Scott what?" Scott had just finished picking up the papers. He bowed to Xornoth "Good bye your majesty" Then Scott left leaving Xornoth stunned.

What had happened to his brother! And why had he called their dad the king? In a matter of fact, why did he call them your majesty? We're brothers for Aeors sake! These questions raced throughout his head but they had no time. It was time for the House Blossom Ball. They were "so excited."