Chapter 2

The change was immediate. Scott was not allowed to talk to, look at, or be near Xornoth. Scott had taken on the position of a servant. He would spend hours at a time cleaning the staircase or the floor just to have one of his parents "accidentally" spill something. They would do that and more with a smug grin on their face.

Meanwhile Xornoth had been given everything on a silver platter. He couldn't go out in public without getting given gifts. He was getting fruit baskets, cakes, anything you could imagine. The best part is he was getting it for the low,low price of free. His life was getting better and better.

Many years of the same behavior had passed. No powers had developed, just them with some fancy titles.

December 20, 2010

Then one night when Xornoth was sitting alone in his room he felt a sharp pain in his head.The pain was very constant. The pain kept coming and coming. He swiftly headed down to the infirmary. He went to the painkiller section in the potion cabinet. He got many concerned looks along with the occasional 'are you ok'. He grabbed the strongest one and took a huge gulp. One of the castle nurses came up to him with a bow. "Your majesty, I would suggest not taking large quantities of that potion.You should also not take it again until 2 hours have passed.Come to think of it why do you even need the potion"

With a sigh Xornoth said "Headache."

The nurse nodded and went back to his business.Xornoth went back up to his room. But the pain didn't stop.His head kept on pounding and pounding. Pound. Pound. Drip. He felt something roll down his forehead. Then again. Pound. Pound. Drip. He looked down. Blood was on his bed sheet. He sprung out of his bed and ran to the nearest mirror.

His magenta hair was stained with blood at the top.He swiftly went to his bathroom and washed the blood out of his hair.But it kept coming this time it was gold.A gold like liquid soaked his hair. Turning the top of his head from magenta to gold. Two gold things popped out of his head.They were about 1 centimeter long. Stag horns. The start of them at the very least.

Every ruler of Rivendell wears a crown of golden antlers. Champions get the real deal. Real golden antlers grow out of their head. Who would've known it would've been so painful. Little did Xornoth know it didn't have to. His brother went through the same process but it was painless.

Scott had been living in the basement of the castle ever since the champions were chosen.But unlike Xornoth he had gotten a taste of his powers and had spoken with Exor himself. Whenever he had down time he would practice growing corruption. He had gotten pretty good at it too. He would do so with Exors voice in his head. Exor made it a priority to talk to Scott everyday,giving him tips,critiques,and explaining to him that they were not the bad guys.After a year of this he believed it with his whole heart.They had started to construct a plan of revenge. The day before his brothers coronation he would request an audience with the king and queen to "revoke exor and his evil ways to join Aeor." Then once they were alone he would use corruption to strangle them to death. Scott was going to do the plan on one condition. Xornoth does not get harmed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xornoth was never a formal person. All of this stuff was generally new to him. So when the annual House Blossom Ball rolled around he was not thrilled.He had to go to a million fittings for the perfect outfit. They ended up settling on a white blouse with gold detailing and a pair of blue swishy pants.The antlers had grown since that first night. They had to be at least 3 inches. So it was rather hard to get his crown on. The night before the ball he decided to go to his fathers study. This question was one he needed answered. He needed to know if his brother was coming. He knocked on the  huge gold door. His father opened it.

"I have made it very clear- oh hello son. Come in now what do you need" his father said
Xornoth stepped into his fathers study,closing the door on his way in. He started "I just have a quick question I want to ask you before the ball tomorrow."

"Go ahead son, ask away." he said as he was fixing some papers on his desk.

"Is sc-" he couldn't even finish his sentence before his father interrupted him.

"We do not speak of that evil Exor spawn. And to answer your question, no he does not deserve it." his father said with the meanest glare.

"But"

"No buts now I have a lot of work to be done so make yourself busy son." His father escorted him out of the room "Good bye"