Betty x Sweet Pea

Welcome to this new mother fucking book!!!! I'm so excited :) I hope you enjoy.

Betty POV:

I woke up and squinted my eyes to look at the clock on my bedside table. It was just past ten and I doubted the chirping birds outside were going to let me even get another five minutes of sleep.

I changed out of my baggy shirt and into a white tank top and a pair of grey short shorts.

I walked out of my room and downstairs into the kitchen where I saw my fling, I guess you could call it, making himself breakfast.

"Don't you have a home to get too?" I asked as I picked up my phone from the bench where it was charging.

"Do you want breakfast or are you going to complain?" Sweet Pea asked as he made scrambled eggs.

I looked to my phone and saw a message from my boss. In short he told me that our competing newspaper company is asking for my piece and my boss is contemplating selling it. That would mean I have to give a months worth of writing away to our competing company. I wouldn't get any credit for my hard work. That isn't fair.

"What's wrong?" He frowned as he took the eggs off of the stove.

"My boss wants to give our story to our competitor" I said as I looked up to him.

I'm currently one month into a three month long story. For multiple decades the town that I live in, Riverdale, has been split into two. We have the North Side which is perceived to be the good, moral side of the town. We then have the South Side, people who are perceived to be low life's, delinquents and criminals.

During one of the weekly meetings we have at my company, I proposed a piece where we talk to someone influential on the South Side and create a piece describing the injustices they face and what they would like the North Side to know about them.

The influential person we decided on was Sweet Pea Connor, the leader of the Serpents, the biggest gang on the South Side.

"What happens if he does that?" Sweet Pea asked.

"I have to give everything I've written to the other company, I get no credit and you have to strike up a new contract with them" I said as I began texting my boss about how bad of an idea this would be.

James, my boss, agreed to do this piece because it would create a lot of interest from both the North and South Side. And with interest, it draws in money.

"Okay simple, I refuse to be used by another company" he said as he shrugged his shoulders.

He placed the egg beside the two pieces of toast on each of our plates.

"They'll offer you a lot of money, you'll take it" I said as I looked up to him.

"Is the only difference for me money?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Then again, it's simple, I stay with your company. What do I need more money for? I already have three houses, a business that brings in more profit each quarter and no wife to spoil. I'm in the best financial period of my life" he said as he placed our plates on the table.

"Still, if James sells the rights, it doesn't matter if you choose to work with them or not. We still get the money that they're paying for the piece" I said.

"Well if you're still making money why does it matter?" He asked.

"I personally won't make a single cent off of this, only my company will" I said.

"I'm sure things will work out. You're too into me to not see me for the next two months" he said making me roll my eyes playfully.

"It has nothing to do with me" I said.