Betty x Sweet Pea Part 1

I hope you're having a great day. Also make sure you drink something. If you don't feel like it, I don't care. I told you too.

Betty POV:

"Hey, can we talk?" I texted Sweet Pea as I sat in the Blue and Gold.

"Yeah of course, where are you?" He asked me.

"Blue & Gold" I texted him.

I turned off my phone and rested it on the table as I let out a sigh. We broke up five months ago, I'm in a new relationship but I'm still dealing with one same old problem, Malachi.

My ex, Sweet Pea, is in charge of the Serpents, along with his dad. When we were together we didn't keep things private so people such as Malachi, king of the Ghoulies and the Serpents opposing gang, knew about it. Which really isn't good as this gives the Ghoulies leverage over the Serpents. Even though Sweet Pea and I broke up, I still constantly get threats from them which are terrifying and disgusting. Sweet Pea has always told me to come to him when this happens and I do. What am I supposed to do? I'm a North Sider and Malachi is the leader of a gang. I'd be incredibly foolish and naïve to think I can look after myself without Sweet Pea in this situation.

My current boyfriend, Archie, hates that I still have contact with Sweet Pea and I can completely understand why. But at the end of the day, I'm not talking to Sweet Pea everyday or every week. And I'm only talking to him so I don't end up getting killed. I'm scared and the only person I can go to is Sweet Pea.

Sweet Pea walked into the room and closed the door behind him, giving me such a sorry look as he stood by the door.

"Look" I said as I held out my phone for him to take.

He walked over to me and gently took my phone out of my hand. He read the multitude of messages I had received from Malachi or some other Ghoulie on multiple different numbers.

"Fuck" he sighed as he read over the messages.

"I've changed my number once, no point changing it again, they'll just find it and keep doing this" I said as I closed my eyes, rested my head on the back of my chair and let out a sigh.

"I'm working on something which should be done in a" he started and I shook my head as I looked up to him.

"I really don't care, I just want you to deal with it" I said, completely over and frustrated with this same old situation.

"I promise I am" He said and I let out an annoyed sigh.

"Yet I've been dealing with this for five months" I said.

"Why are you getting angry at me like I want you to deal with this?" He spoke sternly to me.

I said nothing as I snatched my phone out of his hand and stood up, heading for the door.

"Betty talk to me, what is bothering you?" He said as he held onto my arm.

"I'm so fucking frustrated by this Sweet Pea. I don't want to keep going back to you. You're my ex and we shouldn't even be talking to each other" I said annoyedly as I paced around the room.

"We're still friends" he said with hurt in his voice.

"We're not" I said, an immediate frown on his face.

Sweet Pea broke up with me because he was worried about Malachi coming after me. I never wanted to break up but Sweet Pea decided to make that decision for me. I have a lot of resentment towards him and the way we broke up. We can't be friends.

"Please just sort it out" I said and walked out of the room.

I walked to where my boyfriend and I's friend group were sitting but before I could even say hello to any of them, Archie said he wanted to have a word in private.