Betty x Sweet Pea

Funerals. Yep. That's my introduction to this one shot.

Sweet Pea POV:

Betty walked into my room with a sad expression on her face. She sat on my bed as she wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her too as I held her tight to me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her softly as she moved her head so she could look up to me.

Today was Betty's grandpa's funeral. They had a really close relationship so it's been a pretty tough few weeks for her since he passed away.

"Okay, I guess" she said with no emotion in her voice as she shrugged her shoulders.

"I wanna tell you something" she said and I nodded my head, wanting her to continue.

"We're going to die" she started but I felt it was best to interject.

"Betts you and I still have a lot of time left on this earth. You can't even legally drink" I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Don't interrupt me" she warned me and I gave her a nod.

"We're going to die one day and I don't want to live with any regrets. So I want you to know I like you, and I'm ninety percent sure you like me too" she said and I could feel my cheeks heating up into a blush.

"Yeah, I like you too" I said as I looked away from her, feeling really embarrassed that I couldn't hide my blush.

"Then I want you to be my boyfriend" she said and I smiled as I looked back to her.

"I really want that Betts" I said and she gave me a soft smile as she smuggled her head into my neck.

"Now, as your boyfriend I'm asking you, what do you need?" I asked her.

"Sleep" she said.

Earlier this evening my dad told me he had had a conversation with Hal, Betty's father. Apparently she didn't get much sleep last night and since they had a early morning, I'm not surprised that she's completely exhausted.

"Well lucky for you, I have a really nice comfy bed with an electric heater all for you" I said and she smiled with her eyes closed.

"Can you stay with me until until I fall asleep?" She asked so adorably.

"Am I an idiot? Of course I'm not gonna miss out on spending time with my girl" I said, feeling her smile only get bigger in my neck.

We soon moved into a laying position and she turned my electric blanket onto medium. The only reason I have the thing is because Betty got one for herself and than decided that she needs one here for when she sleeps here. She's seriously such a Princess, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

She slipped her hand into mine and pulled my hand until she rested my arm around her waist. Our fingers remained intertwined as I pulled her closer to my chest.

"Thanks Sweets" she mumbled tiredly.

"Nothing to thank me for" I whispered against the back of her neck.

For the next twenty minutes or so I laid silently as I waited for her to fall asleep. When I felt her hand loosen from around mine I knew she had fallen asleep and was finally getting the rest she so desperately needed.

I soon carefully let go of her hand and slowly climbed out of bed, making sure not to disturb her. I walked from my side of the bed to hers as I pulled the covers up to her shoulders and looked down at her with a smile. Such a beautiful girl.

I walked out of my room and very quietly and carefully closed the door behind me.

A smirk formed on my face as I shook my head. I looked to my dad and Hal who were sitting in the lounge. They had the biggest grins and smirks as they drank beers.