Betty x Sweet Pea

Enjoyyyy

Sweet Pea POV:

"If you wanted to break up I'd understand" my girlfriend told me out of absolutely no where.

"Betty, what?" I said, so confused about what's going on.

We were having a cosy little date night. We had ordered take away and we were up in her room. We had Netflix playing as we talked and cuddled. Theres not a single reason for her to be bringing up us breaking up.

"Just because we've known each other since the beginning, doesn't mean you're obligated to date me" she said, the confused expression on my face still remaining.

"Betty I'm with you because this is what I've always wanted. I have never even for a moment contemplated being with anyone but you" I said seriously and she shrugged her shoulders.

"You'll get sick of me" she said, not even looking in my direction.

I reached for the remote and muted the tv. I moved to sit in front of her as I held her hands in each of mine.

"If you can't see how in love with you that I am, you're clearly blind. I have loved you since the moment you entered my life Elizabeth. I have loved you for every single second that I've gotten to know you and to have you. You're my everything" I said, not even being able to put into words just how much she means to me.

"You don't mean that" she said as I watched her eyes turn glassy.

"Tell me what's happened?" I asked her seriously.

I know that there's no way that she's suddenly come to this conclusion. Clearly someone has gotten into her head and I'm going to try and fix this situation as quickly as I possibly can.

"When I was waiting downstairs at your house for you to get ready, Jellybean came up to me and asked if we could hang out. When I said no because we were, she got mad at me and said you only date me because you feel it's your job too" she said as within seconds she was sobbing.

I wrapped my arms tightly around her as I kissed the top of her ear.

"Betty, the only job I feel I have is to make sure I'm the best guy you'll ever have so you never leave me for some piece of shit. I love you so fucking much and you know she becomes a cunt when she doesn't get what she wants" I whispered into her ear, rubbing her back to calm her down.

"Never doubt my love for you. Because if you do, I'll get my gun and kill every single guy I see so I know you'll always be mine" I said.

She doesn't believe me, but my biggest fear is her telling me she wants to break up. There's never been a girl I've loved more than Betty. A big part of that is that we've known each other since day one. I've loved her since I met her and to me, she's always been the only girl I need. She started as my best friend, she became the girl I couldn't stop looking at, she become the girl I'd take on subtle dates and now she's the one I get to call my girlfriend. And I never, even for a second, want that to change.

"That's pretty toxic" she said with her shaky voice.

"Sounds like me" I said with amusement.

"But Betts you mean more than the world to me, please tell me you know that" I said as I moved my head so I was looking straight into her eyes.

"I know you love me, I just know that you always have the option to leave me" she said.

"And you always have the option to leave me but neither of us are going to do that" I said as I caressed her cheek with my left hand.

"Do you promise?" She asked me.

"Of course I promise that I'll never break up with you. Actually, let me make this extremely clear, there is not a single way you can get rid of me" I said and she raised an eyebrow as she wiped her cheek of the tears that had now thankfully stopped.