Betty x Sweet Pea

Another Swetty one shot lol

Betty POV:

I practically skipped into the doctors office as I looked to my brother in law with the biggest smile.

"Hi Dr. Connor" I grinned as I took a seat in the chair besides his desk.

"What can I do for you today Betty? Is Sweet Pea annoying you and you need a break? Is the air a little too cold?" He asked with a smirk.

Sometimes when I don't want to do something or if I'm feeling lazy, I'll go and visit Andy at work. I also use to do it all the time when I was a late teenager. When he just started out and ever felt overwhelmed or just needed a break, I'd pop by. I became very well acquainted with the nurses who knew I wasn't actually sick but each time they even showed a sign of doubt, I'd mention some weird disease or sickness I suspected I had.

"It is a little cold, but I did actually come here for you to be my doctor" I said and he chuckled.

"What's going on?" He asked with a smile.

"I think I'm pregnant" I said and the biggest smile formed on his face.

"Shut up Betty, no way" he said making me laugh.

"I took a pregnancy test this morning. It said I'm pregnant" I said with the happiest smile.

"God I'm so happy for you two" he said as he got up to give me a hug.

I wrapped my arms around him as I held him to my chest.

"I'm so happy for me and him" I smiled as he took a seat again.

"It's like watching my children grow up, but you're not my kids" he said making me laugh.

"No but seriously, I'm so happy you two are getting everything you could have wanted" he said as he rested his hand over mine.

"Me too. But, now to the real reason I'm here. I wanted to get it confirmed here, professionally, before I tell Sweet Pea and everyone else" I said and he smiled as he nodded his head.

"I'm guessing you know what you have to do  next?" He asked as he pulled out a cup from the cupboard.

"Unfortunately. Aren't we far enough technologically wise where women no longer need to pee in cups?" I asked as I rolled my eyes.

"Betts, it use to be a lot more invasive than this" he chuckled and I could only imagine what he meant.

"How quickly can I have the results?" I asked him as I stood up.

"I'll have it rushed so that we can have the results in about 20 minutes after you've done the test" he said and I smiled.

"Thank you" I said and he gave me such a proud smile.

"Always" he said as I walked out the door.

I went into the bathroom and did what I had to before I handed the cup back to a nurse and waited in Andy's room.

"Do you think I'm pregnant?" I asked nervously as I sat on the bed.

"Well tell me your symptoms" he said.

"My period is late and I've been feeling really sick the past few mornings" I said and he bursted into laughter.

"You are pregnant Betty" he said making me smile.

"When we get the results you can only tell me if I'm pregnant. If not, tell me to walk out and I'll just go cry in my car" I said and he chuckled.

Andy distracted me until a nurse handed him a set of papers, kicking my nerves to an all time high.