Betty x Sweet Pea

Happy New Year 🥳

Sweet Pea POV:

"Hello?" I heard my dad say as he sat opposite me and raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked confusedly as I snapped out of my day dream.

"What's got you so preoccupied?" My dad asked as he placed my dinner in front of me.

"I have a stupid crush on someone" I said.

My dad and I are very open and honest with each other, we have a great relationship which I'm really grateful for. He somehow always knows what to do, even if I don't like hearing it.

"Honestly, that's the least concerning thing that I could imagine was going on" he said making me smirk.

"What were you thinking?" I asked.

"Maybe you had gotten yourself into another fight" he said with an unimpressed tonne.

"You think I have time to get into fights while I'm looking after Betty?" I asked him

"You'd make time" he said making me smirk,  he's really not wrong.

"But what's so wrong about liking a girl?" He said as he took a bite of his food.

"It's who that's the problem" I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"You're allowed to date North Siders" he said like it was obvious. 

"Betty" I chuckled out and I watched as he held back a laugh.

"What's so funny?" I said as I raised an eyebrow.

"I just don't really see the problem. It's not exactly rocket science to figure out you two like each other" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"You realise she just got out of a relationship, with another guy" I said and he chuckled.

"And you were trying to get with that Jessica girl last month" he said and I let out a huff.

"I was sad that Betty was with dickhead" I said and he chuckled.

"Just don't overthink it" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Why would I take advice from a divorced, middle aged man?" I asked him. 

"Because I'm your dad and you live in my house rent free" he said and I playfully rolled my eyes.

Once I had finished dinner, I texted Betty and told her to come over. She broke up with her boyfriend two weeks ago. She's passed the crying phase but now she's just very quiet and not her normal bubbly self. I think she just needs time to process everything.

I sat up in my room, Betty cuddled into my side as I held her close to me. I like when she's all cuddly and clingy, I just wish it was because she wasn't upset.

"I'm always so proud of you" I said as I looked down at her.

"What's there to be proud of?" She mumbled as she looked to the tv in front of us. 

"I'm proud that you're taking the time to look after yourself" I said until she rolled her eyes.

"You're doing all of that for me" she said.

"We're a team package Betts" I chuckled and she looked up to me.

"What am I supposed to do without you?" She asked me.

"Would there ever be a time where you don't have me?" I asked her.

"When you're old and get married" she said with disgust.