Betty x Sweet Pea

<3

Sweet Pea POV:

I stood outside the house with my brother as we waited for our dad and my girlfriend to come home. Today she took her driving test and she passed. She's beyond proud of herself and I'm beyond proud of her.

"I am genuinely shocked she passed" Tyler said and I chuckled.

"She's a little sketchy but she hasn't ran into anyone" I said and he smirked.

"Yet" he said making me chuckle.

"Please be nice when you see her. She's extremely proud of herself" I said and he gave me a dismissive throw of his hand.

"Don't worry, I'll be nice" he smiled.

The two of them soon arrived home and as soon as she got out of the car, her wide grin only made my smile bigger. It's crazy how much her happiness brightens my world. I never thought being in love would feel this good.

"Hey" Betty smirked as she swung the car keys around her index finger.

"Hey gorgeous, congratulations" I smiled as I walked up to her and wrapped her up into my arms.

"Thank you!" She squealed as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Congratulations Betty, but don't even dare think about touching my car" Tyler said with a grin.

"Your car is the only one I'm driving from now on" she grinned as my brother playfully rolled his eyes.

"I'm proud of you" Tyler said sincerely as all of us walked inside.

After more continuous praise from my family, Betty and I finally had some alone time in my room as we waited for pizza to arrive.

"You know I was thinking, since I can drive" she started with a grin.

"I could take us on a date tomorrow" she said and I smiled.

"It's like our roles are reversing, but sure, I'd love you to take me on a date" I said and she smiled.

"I have the perfect idea and it's something we've never done together" she said.

"Feels like we've done everything together" I said.

"We haven't gone to the beach" she said and instantly my stomach filled with anxiety.

My biggest fear is large bodies of water. I don't like not being able to see what's below me. What if something touches me? What if something eats me? Just the thought of being near water makes me want to throw up. I've been with Betty for two years and up until this point I've done a successful job at avoiding the very common beach date.

"Let me guess, you want to tan and cuddle under the sun, which we could do literally in the backyard" I said.

I'm going to try my best to subtly change her mind without raising any red flags. It is kind of embarrassing but unfortunately being this perfect, you get a flaw or two.

"I mean sure, but cuddles in the water. Just me and you, alone, away from everyone and everything" she smiled with this pure, indescribable look of happiness.

"I thought you hated sand?" I chuckled and she smiled.

"Yeah but it's a one off and I get to spend it with the love of my life. What on earth could make me happier?" She smiled.

There is absolutely no way I'm getting out of this. Maybe hopefully I become sick over night and we can't go. Or maybe there's a tsunami watch.

"Fine, but we're going to the beach my dad use to take me to as a kid. It's basically ours at this point, no one knows about it" I said as that bright smile lingered on her face.