Chapter 22

The flower district

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Whispering"

3rd pov
The Yoshiwara red light district. The night district where the lust and charms of men and women swirl in a storm of love and hate. The red light district is called the flower district because, as the name implies, this part of the city is shaped like a flower.

The prostitutes living here were either living in poverty or sold out due to loans. They bear a lot of hardship. But in exchange, they are guaranteed the necessities of life. If they can make their way up as prostitutes, they could potentially become part of a wealthy household by getting bought out.

The most prominent among them, the 'oiran', are completely different all together. The are special woman who have acquired everything: beauty, education, performance.

You simply can't meet a high ranking oiran, to gain an audience with them, men have to frequently visit the red light district, as if they were competing with each other.

"Ohh dear me... these are some ugly girls." Said the madam of a house.

In front of her were standing three 'girls'. Well, two of them are boys. Zenitsu became Zenko, Inosuke became Inoko and Kanao Sumiko.

"Not at our place... we just bought a new girl in a few days ago, I'm sorry." Said the owner of the house.

"Well, one should be okay." Added the Madam getting seduced.

"Then I will entrust one to you. Sorry, Madam." Replied Uzui smiling.

Tengen had let his hair down and removed the makeup from his face. He didn't want anyone to be suspicious of him in case he ran into the demon.

"Then, we'll take the one in the middle. She seems so honest." Said the madam while the owner was left speechless.

"I'll work as hard as I can." Replied Kanao, aka Sumiko.

~~~ a few minutes later ~~~

"You guys are so worthless! I can only sell you for cheep." Glared the adult.

Zenitsu let a sigh of anger before speaking up.

"I'm not going to talk to you..."

"What? You mad at me because I made you wear a dress? You're the one who said you'll listen to whatever I say." Replied Uzui as angry as the teen.

'I dont care about dressing like a girl dumbass... It's your face. You have a normal male face. Just cut me some slack. Plus! How could he leave such a pretty girl in a place like this?! Such a monster! How could he have THREE wives?!?!" Thought Zenitsu while trying to suppress his anger towards the older male.

"HEY! There's a bunch of people gathering around there!" Yelled Inosuke not minding the people around him.

"Ahh, it's an 'oiran parade'. It's Koinatsu oiran, from the Tokito house." Explained Tengen.

The woman in question was beautiful, she had barely any makeup and could easily outrun every woman around in terms of beauty.

"The highest ranked prostitute is going to greet one of her customers. In any case, she's flamboyant. She has a bunch of people following her." Added the silver haired man.