009. alive

FEBRUARY 2020

FEBRUARY 2020.

           THE RED BOOTH WAS PACKED full of drunken bodies, all loudly as ever. The bar was filled with cigarette smoke and the reek of tequila. The whole place was crowded, barely any room for the liquor itself.

A foot kicked Hailee lightly, the woman not even realizing as she continued to make out with the man sat just beside Hailee. She huffed as she looked over at Phoebe who had went to fetch them drinks minutes ago. Her eyes traced the room as they finally got stuck on the brunette who was in a heavy conversation with a man in a black bomber jacket. The wording said "SECURITY", and Phoebe balanced two drinks in her hands.

Hailee decided she had enough of this booth as she stood up, almost tripping over the man who was laying on the ground- trying to look up a random drunk girl's skirt. She scoffed before stepping over him and making her way through all the bodies. "Excuse me!" She muttered towards every person, even though she knew not a single one could hear her.

She recognized the music blaring through the speakers towards the west side of the room. It was a song she had just heard live an hour ago. Heads shook violently to the music, as others spilled their drinks in effort of dance, some sipping their liquor as they chatted with others, and some engaged in putting their tongue in some rando's mouth.

She had finally made her way towards Phoebe who was now laughing loudly with the security guard, nearly dropping the drinks in the matter. She caught them quickly nearly spilling them on her black tube top, making the security guard shake his head.

"Is this skirt too slutty?" She breathed once she spotted Hailee, pulling her to her side as she handed her drink. Taking a monstrous sip of her own, Hailee could tell that these were refills by the smell of her breath.

Hailee eyed her grey tennis skirt, matching with a black tube top, knee high grey tights, and black boots. Normally this wouldn't be Hailee's style but Phoebe looked fucking incredible in it, so who was she to judge. "No."

Phoebe smiled at her words as she took another sip. Placing her hand in Hailee's she swayed to the rock music, dragging Hailee with her. The girl opened her mouth to talk but knowing she wouldn't even be able to hear her, she shut up. Despite wanting to leave, she stayed to watch Phoebe. Just until Atlas was sighted at least.

"I love this song!" Phoebe shouted with a grin as she held onto Hailee's arms, dancing with her. Hailee couldn't help but smile at the sight of the pretty girl. She was having so much fun. Hailee just wished she could do the same.