030. shot of espresso

MAY 2020

MAY 2020.

      "I DON'T KNOW, I think you should give it another try." The brunette spoke as she took her  crimson plastic spoon and dipped it into her sprinkle covered strawberry ice cream. It was a chilly day in New York City — for May, at least. For nearly two thirty in the afternoon the streets were as busy as ever which didn't surprise anyone in the party. The fivesome strolled down the streets passing by a variety of places in which all interest Hailee in a different way.

She strode beside the tall woman who watched infront of them, practically guiding Hailee whom was too interested in her ice cream to actually pay attention to anything. Alex, Atlas, and Leon trailed behind the duo as they shared their own conversations and thoughts - specifically about the other two. "I'm very certain I don't like ice cream."

"Okay, but no one doesn't like ice cream. That's not a thing, Daphne." Hailee spoke in amazement at the thought of someone disliking something so commonly adored. The two stopped once they reached the road, waiting for the time to cross. There were several people taking pictures and video's of the group, as the three behind them caught up with the others. It was no shock that the two were being recognized, they only were two of the most recognizable faces to this day.

"Yeah well it is a thing." Daphne replied as the red hand icon turned into a green walking man, making the group cross over the street. Behind the duo, the tall dark haired man fixed his sunglasses as he nudged his now blonde best friend. "Daphne's making small talk," He spoke like he had just uncovered a mine full of diamonds. Atlas smiled softly at the sight as he shook his head. "I never thought I'd say this but, I really want Daphne to date her."

"Are they not already?" Alex asked as he cocked his head at the sight of Hailee giggling at something the rockstar said, the two nearly pressed together as they walked the streets. Atlas smacked Alex's head as a response making the man hold it with his hand as if to nurse it back to health. "Ouch!"

Leon placed his hands in his pockets as his lips curved up in a light chuckle as Alex tried to hit Atlas back in the arm. His laughter caught the attention of the boys as they glanced over at him suspiciously. "What's so funny?"

The tall blonde towered over the two boys, despite them all being over six foot. He pressed his lips together as he ignored their words and looked over at Daphne whom was still accompanied by the doe eyed girl. "Tell us," The bleached blonde haired man furrowed his eyebrows as Alex walked around a elderly lady. Nearly falling into her as he glanced at Leon. "You guys are idiots."

"Hey!" Alex spoke defensively making Atlas smack him in the back of the head once again. Although they knew Leon wasn't telling the full truth of his thoughts, he held back a huff as he looked around them. "It's just- you guys think Daphne would ever just stay with one person?"