024. classical music & gold bathrooms

| LISTEN TO THE MUSIC FOR
THE BEST EXPERIENCE! |

| LISTEN TO THE MUSIC FORTHE BEST EXPERIENCE!  |

MAY 2020.

      FLASHES, SCREAMS, AND calls to the talent were a familiar atmosphere to all in attendance as they made their way into the museum. Some waved at the cameras, others posed quickly, while others simply rushed into the building. It was the night of the year. The one that all the regulars begged to know all about.

Black vehicles came and go as they dropped off crowds of affluent individuals. Security guards in tuxes and black aviators rested at all entrances, hiding the higher-power from the crazed fans. It was the Vera Charity Gala after all.

The foyer was covered in gold pieces engraved within the vaulted ceilings. It was impossible to not be impressed by the gorgeous historic building. Tens of dozens of guests ushered their way through as soft classical music echoed throughout. The music seemed to make its way louder as they entered the main room.

Following the golden theme, the room was equipped with a chandelier that had to cost more than half of Manhattan. The room buzzed, waiters making rounds with trays of bubbly. A medium stage sat against the one wall in which a whole orchestra resided on.

The softs of a symphony began as groups made their way down the extravagant stairwell. Hailee reached for Ariana's hand as the two made their way down the stairs, attempting to not step on one another's dress. Taylor resided beside them as she held onto the railing, Selena and Taylor trailing behind them as they helped one another down the gold carpet.

It was this moment Hailee regretted her meeting at Marvel Studios and that leading to the lack of time to get ready. The room was full of profligate gowns and decor. No one spared a penny in there. You would think they'd rather put that money to the actual charity, she thought to herself.

"Breathtaking," Blake commented as the remains of the group reached the ground level. Now finally viewing the attire of the evening, they all pictured the most beautiful celebrities in the most beautiful gowns.

"I feel like I'm in Dowton Abbey," Selena whispered to Hailee, making her giggle.

The pianist swayed the room with his way of playing. The harmonization between all of the instruments could give anyone chills, the heart and soul behind the music present. The atmosphere shifted as the music continued, all eyes remained on the pianist.

"Ladies, welcome! You all look exceptional," The familiar voice of the founder of the event made the women turn to their right. All smiled at the petite grey-haired women. Her happiness in the event showcased her eternal beauty, her age not letting that lack. Mary Vera stood as proud as ever. Her silver hair cut short into a pixie, a bright lip matching her maroon gown.