032. elevators, happiness, & sunshine

JUNE 2020

JUNE 2020.

      "WHAT MAKES A ROCKSTAR? A question so hard to answer it's painful." A dark haired man offered, sporting a well dressed suit as if that would impress a rock band in the slightest. What would impress them is if they could play Fives by Guthrie Govan on the guitar. "Not as painful as Alex's STD," Atlas equipped from his seat in the meeting room making Alex roll his eyes and Leon burst into laughter. Bonnie gave the losers a glare of importance as if the stupid ass "motivational" speech from the man was something that they would die without.

"As I was saying, the answer is objective and everyone can have different interpretations. For example, I think of Elvis when I think of rock' n 'roll." The man announced making Alex snort, and the band make sour faces. Even Daphne. "By the look of your faces, you all have your own ideas. How about we start with the young man in the red jacket, he started as he turned towards Atlas. "We in high school or some shit, how is this helping us out in anyway?" Leon blurted out making the room of executives scoff for what seemed like the twelfth time today. Although they'd never show pure signs of annoyment, considering the whole band looks like they could snap their skull in two point five seconds.

"Wait and see, ponytail." A redhead rolled her eyes from across the room only to widen her eyes at her own words. A pretty redhead with bright blue eyes, and lipstick that could be seen from Brooklyn. Someone Daphne fought an urge to take home one night. Daphne smiled softly at the girl's words - it seemed in the past month or so, Leon's hair had grown long enough to be placed into a small ponytail. In which Phoebe had told him was very metal. Despite her being a Swiftie, Leon accepted her opinion on the subject she knew very little about. "I'm sorry," The girl apologized quickly as Bonnie gave her a death stare. Daphne could only imagine what would happen to that intern.

"Uh, the music? The crazy outfits that no normal person would dare to wear. Just all that shit I guess," Atlas shrugged as he cut in on the conversation. The man, whom the group knew to be Mr. Medina, gave a curt nod as his eyes glanced to his right. Landing directly on Alex. "The rockstars... they get the chicks. The ladies. They're hot as fuck and everyone knows it. And they play a sick solo so."

A union of people rolled their eyes at the guitarist's words. It took one glance at Daphne and Leon for Mr. Medina to know he wouldn't get what he wanted out of the two so he decided to move on, taking a seat at the edge of the table. "Being a rockstar is different things to us all. But, what we can all agree about is - the people. The fans. What we want to do is make them happy."

"I don't like happy people. I don't trust them. There's something seriously wrong with anyone who isn't at least a little bit down by the world." The real rockstar of the room spoke mindlessly, all eyes falling upon her as she fiddled with her lighter. "I second that," Leon pointed his finger into the girl's cheek making her look at him side eyed. "Okay, if you don't mind, Mr. Medina, can you please get to the point? So my dumbass children can stop spitting out uselessness."