extras: part two (interview)

" DAPHNE RYDER DIED THE
OTHER NIGHT, SOME SAY
IT WAS — SUICIDE? "

summary:
a day at the heroin den. specifically,
the day of daphne ryder's end.

warnings:
death, drug abuse, OD, alcohol,
sexual themes, etc.

GARRETT GRIFFINS (Daphne Ryder's Uncle):
       The band had been at my place for a couple months. It was really funny, in a twisted way, Daphne was back in her old bedroom. She used to say she'd never be back to 'that shit' but here she was... twenty-nine years old and in her childhood bedroom.

ATLAS ANDERS (Bassist):
      Um... we spent our time doing just about anything. It was sorta dope to be doing whatever. Even when we were on hiatus before we were always working. We were always *pauses* in the buzz of LA. Partying like motherfuckers! *laughs*

ALEX RIVERS (Guitarist):
      I've never not partied... it was fucked. I didn't have sex for those three months. That's how secluded we were... Fucking Upstate, man.

LEON BELLER (Drummer):
       Gar's got some big colonial style house I guess? Or at least that's what Phoebe said. So we spent a lot of our time outside in his huge garden. Uh — it was winter sure, but I don't know it was... peaceful.

ALEX RIVERS:
       I'd get out an acoustic and we'd just sing along to shit in the show. Like some freaks who work for Santa Clause.

ATLAS ANDERS:
       I read like five books there. I've never read five books ever. Never read even two books. Shit was crazy.

LEON BELLER:
     It was like a vacation that wasn't ever going to end. I mean we couldn't stay there forever. Sure, we could financially afford to... but it wasn't good for any of us — especially, Daphne. I mean it was good for us, don't get me wrong. We all experienced a calm break of doing quite literally nothing for months. Which none of us had ever fucking done. But we couldn't do nothing forever.

PHOEBE CALMON (Band's Close Friend):
      I knew they were all okay or at least trying to be? I didn't know where they were or what was going on. But I trusted Atlas (Anders) enough to know he was okay and doing the right thing. He had to be there for Daphne... because something shitty was going down. Something bigger than any of us could ever understand...

ATLAS ANDERS:
     What was Daphne like during that time? She was spiraling. She was stuck in her own head. She was losing it, whatever she had left.

ALEX RIVERS:
     She lost any weight she had left, she had eyebags like no tomorrow. I mean she wasn't Daphne Ryder... without Hailee or drugs she was just losing her fucking mind. She needed one or the other.

LEON BELLER:
      She chose the one that she knew wouldn't disappoint her... or that she couldn't disappoint.

3:53pm.
NOVEMBER, 2020.

THE NOVEMBER AFTERNOON was dark. It was gloomy and really had no life whatsoever. The band's typical evenings outside sitting around on the grass was unethical with the deep inches of rain. It's not like their days had started yet anyways, considering it was only 3pm. Alex trailed downstairs in his boxers with a t-shirt reading something about his butthole? His hair was a mess and he slipped into the living room where the rest of the band resided.