021. attraction

APRIL 2020

APRIL 2020.

      WHAT MADE SOMEONE attracted to another being? Was it the way they spoke? The way they walked? The way their hands held the steering wheel? Or maybe the way their hair smelled, or they smelled. Their values? Personality? Clothing? Or simply the sexual tension that came between the two. Whether one of them realized it or not.

The thoughts sat in the back of Hailee's head for the past while. She wouldn't allow herself to give them any thought as they re-entered her mind. She was not attracted to Daphne Ryder, it was just that stupid 'transe'. That's all she continued to tell herself. She wasn't attracted to Daphne's hands gripping the table, or her tongue caressing her top lip as she sat. She definitely wasn't attracted to the confident demeanor that carried on the while that she'd known her.

Daphne Ryder was probably the most beautiful and just unbelievable looking woman Hailee, or anyone in her path, had seen. That mixed with her bold personality is what made anyone 'attracted' to her, Hailee didn't have a crush. She was just like everyone else.

Or so she thought. 

The two woman sat quietly as Hailee watched Daphne. The woman had no interest in anything besides her food it seemed. It had been a good few minutes since they spoke, but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. It was the same as the car, Hailee felt like she could relax.

"Hey Daphne?"

Daphne remained silent as her head turned to face Hailee's. She regretted her words once their eyes met. Why was she trying to start a conversation? "Why are we here?"

"Because." Daphne replied as a waitress made their way over to the table, before Hailee could even open her mouth to speak. The waitress couldn't be any older than nineteen or twenty, she was petite and had long, obviously fake, blonde hair riding down her back. The moment she spotted Daphne, she unbuttoned her black uniform a bit, showing a bit of her cleavage. "Hey, Daph."

Daphne's eyes traced the woman for a moment before making direct eye contact with her. It was obvious the waitress was attempting to flirt with Daphne in her manner. She was chewing on a piece of gum, which was shown was she flashed her a flirtatious smile. "It's Stella, remember? Last July?"

Daphne stared at her for another moment before replying, her reply making Hailee's eyes widen. "No."

Stella looked shocked, as if the night they had spent together was something she had thought about daily for the past year. It obviously wasn't that impressive for Daphne as she sat still, still staring at the woman. She let out a huff before glancing at Hailee, this only lead her to shoot her a glare before pulling out her notepad. "Can I get you a refill?"