041. numb little devil

JULY 2020

JULY 2020.

BACKSTAGE is notorious for the rock n roll scene. Especially at such a notorious place like The Whisky. A bar that held no more than five hundred but was the absolute perfect place to end a tour. Housing legends such as Nirvana, Mötley Crüe, The Doors, The Byrds, Alice Cooper, Kiss, and so many fucking more. A place with such a reputation only made sense to close out a tour with quite a reputation.

The tour was coming to an end which went against its original guidelines of a couple more dates. But apparently that was a touchy subject as to why they canceled a few dates. When Hailee had asked the whole band got in a mood, not their typical mood. While on the topic of moods, Daphne Ryder found herself in one ever since the interruption that occurred in the meeting room yesterday. Alex was still whispering to the band about what he'd nearly interrupted. He'd teased Daphne endlessly, leaving him with a dark bruise on his left arm.

It was safe to say the hum of the anxious fans reciprocated backstage. Loads of interns, managers, stage crew, producers, etc. buzzed in the small area of the bar. The capacity was at its highest with people shoving past one another with a rude objective. But hey, that's the music business. The mixture of alcohol and sweat was the sweet smell roaming the room Hailee was sat in. She piled in a chair with Phoebe Calmon, there was hardly any other standing room or sitting room in the small dressing room. Many people Hailee failed to recognize were standing around with alcohol on their breath. She could spot powdered lines on a guitar case. The woman who placed them there erupting from the crowd.

Daphne Ryder wore her typical 'I don't fucking care' devilish grin as she hardly paid attention to whatever her bassist was mumbling towards her. She styled an insane pair of leather pants that were studded all over and topped with laces on every curve. She was her true rockstar self with or without the pants... whatever that concept may be.

"You just don't strike me as someone to do it in an unlocked meeting room. Especially with your brother next door," Phoebe snorted as she took another sip of her seltzer -- something the band would have a hard time not making fun of her for drinking. Hailee turned to face the brunette who hugged a pillow, "I don't know... I thought it was crazy but you know sometimes you're just in the moment."

Phoebe nodded in understandment as she glanced around the room before leaning closer to Hailee -- which was quite easy considering they were pressed together in the small leather chair. "You were gonna do it on a table in a meeting room," Phoebe whispered before erupting into giggles. Hailee found herself forming a goofy grin at the girl's drunken giggles and the situation. She couldn't lie, that was pretty fucking funny. "Jesus, Haiz. You're like me and At." Phoebe practically sighed as her eyes caught glimpse of her boyfriend's. "So..." Hailee's voice awkwardly trailed off as she pushed her hair behind her ear. "This is dumb, really dumb. I'm going to sound like a dumbass when I say this."