1.

The first time I met Zavien, was quite literally the scariest day of my life.

It was very hot and my hair was plastered against my forehead and I wanted to just go home and sleep. My boss was in the corner, making phone calls, gesturing with his hands. I wondered what exactly it was he was doing, what he was talking about.

The little diner was empty, despite turning the sign to open. Normally, one or two would have come in by now but it was quiet and silent. Almost eerie. Not knowing what to do, I switched on the speakers and decided to play music. Making it low enough for my boss to make his phone call in peace.

In the kitchen, Madan was whistling along with the song, he wasn't cooking as well but he had this small smirk. Madan was a six foot one man, with brown hair and sharp green eyes. He had to be one of the most handsome people I have ever met in my life. The door to the diner opened and two women walked in and took a seat. One of them was a dark skinned woman, her hair cropped low and dyed blonde. The other woman had long red hair and was so smiley.

"Hi. May I take your order?"

The blonde woman was barely smiling but she did place an order for two bacon cheeseburgers and two diet coke. I told Madan and watched him pack up the order, he placed the burger on a medium sized plate and then I was heading out with two trays.

Once I had given them their food, I went back to the counter. I was so bored. Bored out of my mind and I just wanted to go home. Eat good food, watch tv and sleep. I didn't want to be here and I didn't even feel like I had energy or even interest in being here.

The clouds had darkened and I found myself wishing I was outside, it would be being under the rain. It has been a while. Lightning flashed and then there was a loud booming sound of thunder. The door was pushed open and three men walked in. They went straight to where my boss was sitting by the window. My brow furrowed as I stared at them. The two girls were still chatting and eating.

"What are you looking at?" Madan asked as he came over to stand by my side.

"That doesn't look right." I said, nodding to the scene in front of me. My boss slides over a piece of paper and I found myself wondering what exactly it was that he was doing with these men. They don't look like nice people. They looked mean and menacing.

"No, it doesn't." Madan replied.

"I wonder what he's doing. They don't look like nice people." I sighed and Madan nudged my shoulder with his.

"Don't worry about them."

"But they're scary people."

"You are protected." Madan said, nudging me again. He's smiling at me and there's this glint in his eyes. I wondered if he was in with my boss and knew what he was doing. Actually, I didn't want to know. I don't want to know.

There was a loud shout from where my boss was and one of the three men stood up, pulled out a gun and my eyes widened. A scream rose up to my throat but I didn't cry out. My hands were shaking, my heart was beating fast. What the fuck should I do? What the fuck was happening?

It felt like my heart was trying to slam right out of my chest and run away.

"This isn't how I conduct my business!" the man with the gun yelled.

My boss quickly got out of his seat and fell to his knees. He was actually crying, I could see how red his face was from here. Madan pulled me behind him and I stayed there, wanting to look away, clench my eyes shut tightly but at the same time I couldn't look away.

The blonde haired woman got up from her seat, the sound so loud that it drags everyone's attention.

"You're making too much noise." The blonde woman said, a droll expression on her face.