5.

The next time I meet Zavien, is two weeks after our breakfast.

For those fourteen days, I could not stop myself from thinking about him. About his voice. About what he said and well, just him. He was quite the man. And an attractive one. It is Sunday and it has to be one of my best days. The streets were sort of empty, everyone inside their homes with their families or hanging out with their friends. It was rather sweet to think about. Most of the time I would pass kids who were laughing among themselves, some girls getting off the bus and looking dressed up.

I had no friends, no one to-

Oh shit. I could not say that anymore.

I had Madan. Who would have guessed?  

We were meant to hang out soon but I just could not find the right place for us to meet up. I was being very self conscious about it and I did not know how to make it go away. Did I even want it to go away?

Would he also come with Zavien? Did I want Zavien to come along with him?

I let out a loud groan and mentally kicked a can. Why could I not just make my mind about this? I needed a drink. I had a little bit of money to spare after all. I just paid my rent, paid my bills and still have enough money to spend on myself tonight. But where do I go? Where can I go?

With a sigh, I made up my mind to walk down the street and just walk into any bar that piques my interest. It would be fun to try something different today. Go on a little adventure. I walked down the street, humming to myself.

Finally, I found somewhere. There was a sign but a beer bottle on it. That was all it was. It was a bungalow that was brightly lit. It had large windows and the lights were glowing gold. I walked up to the door and pushed it open. There were not a lot of people in the bar but once I stepped in, a couple of heads turned to me and I looked down at my feet. As I avoided people's gaze, I made my way to the counter and slipped onto a bar stool.

"So what would it be?" the bartender asked as he walked over to me. It was a menacing man with a bald head. He did not look too happy to see me here. Oh well then.

"Never mind. I'll be on my way." I said and I got up from my seat.

The door to the bar was pushed open and a familiar girl walked in. Rowan. She walked into the room dressed in red leather pants and a see through sheer shirt and a familiar looking leather jacket. Her hair was still cropped low and still blonde. She looked really good.

"Well, look who it is." She said as she walked towards the counter.

The conversations had reduced to a murmur as she walked forward. She wasn't smiling but she was not terribly exuding hatred. It was almost like she was happy to see me.

"I am very happy to see you. My heart has skipped several beats ever since you walked in." I said and I got a little twitch in her lips. When she got close to the counter, the bartender was suddenly across from her and they were talking in a quiet tone. Yeah, I should probably leave right now.

I hurriedly walked out of the bar but paused when I saw the black sports car in front of said bar. I wondered if Rowan drove here, what she was talking to the bartender about, what she was doing in this part of town.

The door to the car was pushed open, startling me just a little. I let out a silent gasp when Zavien walked out. He was not in a suit but this. . . seeing him like this, all dressed down, was causing a lot of internal conflict within me because I. didn't. know. this. man. So why?

Why what, I do not know.

"Nuri. . ." Zavien said as he shut the door to the car. Zavien had on a black large shirt, black cargo pants and black boots. He had rings wrapped around his fingers and a neatly shaved beard. A stubble, rather.