2.

It seems like I always attract trouble no matter where I end up. It has been two weeks since I saw Madan. Two weeks since the incident at my former place of work and it had taken me a week to get a new job. This time as a salesperson at a clothing store. My job is to man the counter, collect their cards or cash and hand them the receipt.

It's been a very calm two weeks. No one was reported missing and again, it was not my business. This new work was actually good. It was not stressful and it was four days a week, nine hour shifts and it was actually decent money.

It was a top end store, they sell suits, clothes, wristwatches, cufflinks, jeans, shirts and a couple of other things. There was a steady stream of music playing through the tiny speakers embedded in the ceiling. I think. I am not actually sure. I keep searching for it but I can't find it. I could only connect to it and play the songs I liked.

In the store, there were three other people working as well. The general manager was in the office and she was on the phone. It was actually kind of a boring job. Nothing exciting ever happened. It wasn't even in a giant mall, it was just a bungalow.

I let out a sigh, drumming my fingers against the table as I watched the shoppers move and weave between the aisle of clothes. I fought back a yawn as I kept looking. Maybe I should look for something to get myself. I should probably treat myself today. New clothes, a self date at the restaurant and take away to go home with. Yeah, I should probably do that.

I was still watching the shoppers when someone walked up to me and I promptly looked up. I sucked in a deep breath and tried not to let my jaw drop. It was him. He was standing there, his hair cropped low and looking like dark velvet, he had on another form fitting suit but dark blue, with a Rolex on his wrist, rings around his fingers.

"We meet again." he said and I just blink at him.

"H-hi." I said in response.

Uh, what was happening here? Why was he here? Is he following me?

"As lovely as it is to see you and your purple eyes but tell your manager I am out here." the man said and I raised a brow at him.

"And who will I say is waiting for her?"

The man tilted his head down and stared at me. And I looked back at him, a hand on my waist.

"Zavien." he said and oh, that name was so attractive.

I couldn't physically leave the counter but I did pick up the landline by the counter and dialed for the manager. I told her there was someone waiting for her out front. Once the call had ended, I turned to the man in front of me. There were no guns and there was no fear for my life right now so I could actually look at him and appreciate what I was seeing. Normal people do not do this. What exactly is wrong with me?

"Are you buying anything?" I asked. He had to have something to do here.

"Do you want me to buy you anything?" he asked and I stared at him, my lips parting just a little.

"You're not making any sense to me." I found myself saying. My words seem to fully capture his attention because he turns and focuses on me, one hand slipping into his pocket.

"Am I confusing you, little one?" he said and a subtle thrill shot through my body.

"Don't call me that."

Zavien looks at me, gaze calculating as he replies. "You don't tell me what to do, little one." he said and I glared at him. Thankfully, the manager walks out from the door behind me. I hadn't noticed how relaxed Zavien had gotten around me until she came out and this cold, stoic expression came back on his face. Like a wall had gone up.