Chapter Twenty two: Before you go

Sparks flew through the air, white fluffy clouds hung in the sky as the sun shone down on the rocky valley in which the two clans clashed. Fire burned and water sprang from the ground. Blood splashed, wood chipped as Madaras sword clashed with Hashirama's. His glowing red eyes bore into Hashirama who had become clan leader of the Senju. The two were now twenty-five, eight years after they lost their friend. Madara was still plagued by the fact whereas Hashirama had accepted it.

To the side of the warring friends fought their brothers. Izuna's red eyes moved at rapid speed in different directions as they traced Tobirama. His hair had reached the middle of his back and was pulled back in a pony. The younger boy who was twenty-four now had put on muscle. Izuna weaved a few hand signs as he blew a fireball at his opponent. To Him he would say he knew the Senju pretty well as he had been fighting him all his life, because of this he saw the water dragon coming. The water clashed with the fire causing steam and smoke to flood the field of battle.

Spotting the kuni's Izuna scoffed as he dodged them easily, had the senju learned nothing? He wondered. However his eyes widened as he spotted the marking on one of the kuni's. The Senju had learned! Izuna twisted his body to try and avoid the blow he was expecting but he was too slow.

Tobirama's spiky white hair flashed past Izuna, his silver shining sword tiring through flesh staining the blade with red liquid. Tobirama smirked, he had finally defeated this blasted Uchiha.

Pain surged through Izuna's body as he coughed up red liquid that splattered the stones beneath him. Gasping for air, Izuna dropped his katana as he no longer had strength to hold it. His legs felt weak as he applied pressure to his wound with his hand. It was a deep slice he could feel. "IZUNA!" yelled Madara as he left his battle with Hashirama to catch his brother as he began to fall.

Fear surged through Madara; this was a deja vu. He could not allow the same outcome to happen again . . . not to Izuna. Izuna was gasping for air and coughing up blood next to Madara who watched Hashirama as he ran towards them. He knew he could not take on Hashirama at this point, he needed to save Izuna. "Madara, you can not win against me . . ." began Hashirama as he threw his sword to the side."Why don't we end this? The conflict will eventually die down" said the Senju with hope in his eyes. Hope that with Izuna injured maybe Madara would finally agree to peace. "Here" said Hashirama as he stretched out his hand toward Madara.

"This time I will reach the others side"

The stone skipped across the water causing ripples as it went.

"No, Big brother . . . did you forget? They killed everyone, killed us Uchiha." mumbled Izuna with great effort as his hand was dripping with blood. Madara glanced down at Izuna. Worry in his eyes and pain in his frozen heart. Pulling smoke bomb from his pouch and threw it to the ground, smoke explode around them and by the time it had cleared only Hashirama and his brother remained. Hashirama sucked in a breath he hoped that Izuna would be fine for his dream of peace to be attainable. Izuna needed to live. Otherwise Madara would have nothing to protect.

Madara and his brother dashed back to the land of time. Riding on the back of Madara's summon speed along the journey. Pulling a medical kit from his pouch Madara began to do a temporary bandage to help stop the bleeding, his anxiety rising with every minute. Izuna chuckled as he watched his brother patch him up."I'm fine big brother I will live. I just made a mistake, that's all" said Izuna with a smile. Madaras red eyes watched Izuna with great intensity."Stop lying Izuna that does not help" said Madara coldly as he tied the bandage knot. Gritting his teeth as his vision began to fade in and out. "Your eyes are tired brother you really shouldn't have you sharingan activated all the time." said the younger of the two as he sucked in a breath of pain.