Chapter Thirty: Preparations

The radiant sun rose above the village its golden rais extending like arms over the village. A cool breeze ruffled the leaves of the trees carrying leaves through the streets. The dark silhouette of the infamous Uchiha strode down the deserted street, his dark hair was pulled up and back as he wore black pants and a long sleeve shirt. Madara walked silently towards the Uchiha district near the middle of the village. His dark eyes held shadows, he had been up all night and was dreadfully tired. Entering the district he headed for his house but was unpleasantly surprised to find Hashirama standing near his door leaning against the wall waiting for him.

Sighing the Uchiha came to a stop in front of his door, glancing to his side at the wide-awake, energized Senju he spoke "what is it you want?" he asked his voice deep and a bit distant in his tiered state. Hashirama smiled at him "you look terrible, where have you been?" he asked as he detached himself from the wall as Madara opened his door and left it open for Hashirama to follow suit. "Out," said Madara as he headed for the kitchen to start some tea. Following his friend Hashirama watched him closely. Akame had left three weeks ago and in that time Madara seemed to grow more distant and tired.

"Obviously, what I mean is what were you doing that rendered you that tiered looking," said the Senju rephrasing his question as he sat down at the table his hands resting on his knees. Madara shrugged his shoulders as he poured tea before sitting down at the table across from Hashirama as he handed him a cup. Nodding his thanks Hashirama took a sip of the tea as he waited for his friend to reply. "The Village hidden by rock has been making a fuss as of late, I intend to go and straighten things out with them soon," said Madara even though it was mostly a lie.

Madara had been a Naka Shrine attempting to decipher the stone tablet there, he also had been working on an excuse to leave the village for a period of time. He had received a letter from Akame a while back informing him of the issue of her mother demanding her marry. In said letter Akame had asked him to marry her, though it was earlier than he wanted Madara had agreed and hence fourth had to be in the land of time in a week." ah I see, I haven't heard anything about that" said Hashirama with a bit bewildered nodding he adding." Never mind I trust you. Anyway would you mind stopping by the Village Hidden in Time to get a formal treaty from them?" asked Hahsirama hopefully he had planned on asking Madara a while ago but he so rarely saw him these days it was hard to ask, which was why he decided to wait at Madaras house for him.

To Hashiama's great surprise Madara smiled ever so slightly though he hid it very quickly." Might as well" said Madara in an unamused tone before sipping his tea and glancing out the window over Hashiramas shoulder. The village had started to wake up meaning he was losing time to sleep. "Great!' Hashirama cheered as he stood up, looking down at his friend he got the sense that Madara had changed and that perhaps he was hiding something, which was rather concerning.

Once Hashirama had left Madara stood from his spot and headed to the living room where he had a bunch of papers and books laying out all over the floor and tables. Sitting down at one of said tables He pulled out the paper tucked away and compared it with the days before. Adding the last weeks of papers together Madara was finally able to get the full meaning of the tablet. Giving him a pretty good idea of how the infinite Tsukuyomi worked. A Jutsu that could truly bring peace to the world, a dream world where all those who had died would be alive and well. A place where the impossible was possible, where wars did not exist. Glancing over at the stack of letters from Akame, Madara sighed, a dream world where they would not have to hide their relationship. Yawning Madara turned back to what he had gathered about the Jutsu and how to awaken the rinnegan of which Akame had. However, his eyes soon grew heavy, and eventually, his head rested on the table his breathing slowing as he entered a state of much-needed rest.

*****

Akame had awoken bright and early that morning, she had successfully managed to watch the sunrise, complete her morning training and speak with her mother all before the time of six o'clock in the morning. Now she stood in one of the many dining rooms of the house examining different dishes. As Madara was in Konohagakure she had to make all the decisions for the wedding ceremony which she found rather annoying, why could they not have a simple small wedding? "Your highness, how about this one?" asked one of the servants as she motioned to a dish set with a lovely sakura pattern on it. Akame hummed as she walked past the dish and looked at another with a golden marble pattern on a light grey.