Chapter Thirty-Three: Coronation

A week had passed and the coronation had arrived, Akame paced back and forth in her room her nerves running overtime. Was she ready to be queen? She hadn't been in a very long time. What would her mother do?  Biting her lip she stopped and looked out the window her mind drifting to Madara. Where was he? He had promised to be here for the coronation she thought. Sighing she continued her pacing before a knock on her door sounded causing her to stop once more in front of the window that overlook the old training grounds. "Come in!" she called over her shoulder a ghost of a smile on her face as she remembered the old days when she would train with the three Uchiha in that garden. . .  but two of them were gone now.

Sadness crept into her heart as she watched the pink petals float away in the wind.

The door opened and in came a familiar presence, twirling on her heels she turned to face the door where a tired-looking Madarastood leaning against the now-closed door. Madara looked exhausted his eyes were closed and his muscles had begun to relax he looked like he might fall asleep standing up . . . wouldn't have been the first time. "What happed you look exhausted?" she asked as she approached him with a worried look in her eyes. Madara opened his dark eyes a weak smile on his face. "Travel that's all," he said though it was mostly a lie. He had not been getting much sleep lately in fact the last time he probably had more than two hours of sleep was when he was in the land of time for their wedding.

Akame crossed her arms an expression on her face that said 'really' . "your lying Madara" she said as she grabbed his hand and dragged him over to the bed ignoring his expression of shock. "You should rest," she said in a commanding tone before grabbing her hairbrush and sitting on the other side of the bed. Madara hummed as he sat down staring at his hands. He could swear he still saw her blood on them, it still haunted him. "Madara" she called in a soft tone pulling him from his thoughts. "sorry " he mumbled causing Akame to smile warmly at him. Madara laid back on the bed his head resting on her lap his eyes closed and his muscles relaxed. Akame's heart fluttered in her chest as she stopped brushing her long hair to play with his.

Stroking his soft dark hair out of his face Akame gazed lovingly down at him. He looked so peaceful . . .  so innocent. "I . . . left the hidden leaf village . . . for good" he muttered quietly almost in a state of half-sleep. Akame was shocked for a moment but soon regained her composure." why?" she asked curiously running her hands through his silky hair. "Hashirama's views for the village no longer correspond to mi- . . . ." he continued sleepily his breathing slowing as his words trailed off. Akame continued to run her hands through his hair till the servant arrived to get her ready. Grabbing a pillow Akame moved his head off of her lap with a caring smile on her face as he slept like a baby and not the warrior he was.

Dressing in an extremely fancy kimono with her hair pulled up in a fancy do with hair sticks decorated with snowflakes. Akame sat in front of the mirror as the servant did her makeup. She was nervous and yet happy at the same time.  Sending chakra to her other bodies in the basement she sent them throughout the castle to make sure everything was going according to the schedule, surprisingly her mother was keeping track of everything. "Are you ready yet the ceremony starts soon?" asked the current queen of the land dressed in her most formal white kimono with her sparkling diamond crown adorning her head almost blending in with her white hair. "Almost," said her other body as she looked out towards the city where people were bustling towards the main street where they would have a view of the balcony where she would greet the people as their new queen after the ceremony in the main hall. "Good, and make sure that Uchiha of yours is too" she ordered sternly. A moment of panic ran thew her she forgot to wake Madara! Standing from her spot in front of the mirror she walked over to the bed where she shook the resting Uchiha gently. It didn't take long for him to stir, and not too long after was he fully awake it truly was a wonder to her how he could go from sleepy to wide a wake in a few minutes.

Madara was changed and ready to go in ten minutes which surprised her, he truly was incredible. The two exited as they began to head for the main hall where they were greeted by thousands of people. Music began to play as  Madara took his spot in the crowd as she walked up the dais towards the priest next to whom stood her mother. Her mother smiled down at her but her eyes were empty as if she had died a long time ago. Kneeling before the priest she began to recite her queen's oath.

*****

The ceremony in the main hall lasted an hour before she had to be presented to the rest of the kingdom. In that time Both of them had received royal crowns of which hers was bigger. Madara had a frown on his face he hated wearing something on his head. The crown he wore was gold and was rather heavy no to mention he had to make sure it did not fall off. Whereas Akames was silver and decorated with sparkling diamonds that looked like icicles. She walked with grace a smile on her face her arm linked with his. The two stepped out onto the balcony where they waved to the people of which Akame was now queen. The people cheered as flowers rained from the sky falling in their hair causing Akame to laugh at the sight of the pink petals in the Uchiha's dark hair. Madara glared at the girl at his side though a smirk played on his face.

"Long live the Queen!" cheered the crowd joyously as Akame strep forward to give her speech which was rather long and if Madara was honest he did not pay attention to it. He was still rather tired and the royal garb he had to wear was heavier than armor, how ridiculous. "Madara," said Akame as she smiled up at him once more at his side as he mindlessly led them to the banquet. "What?" he asked glancing down at her with a tender gaze. Akame beamed up at him she looked so happy, he had no idea why. "I'm happy you're here," she said softly moving closer to him. "Yeah" Madara mumbled as they entered the loud banquet which erupted in cheers.

Akame took her spot on the large throne on which her mother used to sit in Madara at her side. She could still remember the last time she had been on a throne. Back then Madara had saved her from boredom by asking her to dance. However now they were both trapped on the throne listening to the many people who came to talk to the new queen. Akame glanced over her should apologetically at Madara only to laugh when she found her slightly slumped and fast asleep. To others, you could not tell he was asleep, but she had seen him do this before, so she laughed. Turning back to the people she smiles she would have to apologize to Madara later.

sorry, this is a bit of a short chapter but I was struggling with a bit of writer's block. the next few chapters will be better.

thanks to all of you who continue to read my story it means a lot.