Chapter Thirty-One: Ceremony

Akame sat atop the tall stone pillar where she and Madara used to watch the sunrise each morning. The golden rays of the burning star reached across the sky reflecting off the eternal snow creating a glistening heaven. Akame sighed as she hugged her knees in thought, today was the big day and she was not ready for it. Her nerves were running over time making her feel sick to the stomach. Madara had arrived yesterday but he seemed rather distracted as of late not to mention a bit irritated with the village hidden in the leaf.

Madara had mentioned he and Hashirama were having problems and had made it very known he wished for her to return with him to the village. Oh, Akame wished she could. She was being torn in two different directions which weighed on her conscious.

"So this is where you've been hiding" said a familiar deep voice in a soft tone as they sat down next to her pulling their knee up close to their chest where they rested their arm. A ghost of a smile graced her face as her green eyes glanced to her side to see Madara staring off at the orange stare his messy black hair blowing in the wind his ever-hidden right eye visible. "Is it wrong to feel nervous?" she asked the ever so wise Uchiha in a curious but earnest tone. Madara stared down at the glistening snow beneath them a distant look in his black eyes that she rarely saw. "No, to be honest, I'm nervous" Stated Madara calmly his chest rising and falling with his breathing as he made a conscious effort to keep it steady. Akame was taken back a bit, 'Madara' 'Nervous'. Those were two words you would not see together" you don't seem nervous" she said as she continued to observe him, her head resting on her knees.

Madara chuckled as he leaned back on his hands letting his legs dangle over the edge like he used to do when he was younger. "I'm better at hiding it" Akame frowned at him, what kind of answer was that? "Akame . . . we are about to unit the bloodlines of two powerful clans, an action that would be frowned upon by the other clan in fear. For this fact, we have to keep this a secret. What is there not to be nervous about" Madara summed up nonchalantly as he met her gaze for the first time during their conversation. Akame hummed in response as she stared into his pitch-black eyes, a smile graced her lips. "I suppose your right" she mused as she dangled her legs over the edge of the pillar.

The sun finally finished crawling from its slumber signifying the start of the day. Madara stood from his spot and looked down at Akame her long white hair blowing in the wind as she looked longly out into the distance. A look that reminded him a great deal of when they were younger. "We should get ready Princess," said Madara pulling her attention to him as he offered her a hand. Taking his outstretched hand Madara pulled Akame to her feet and gestured with his other hand to the giant bird waiting to take them back to the ground.

*****

The two had returned to the palace and gone their separate ways in preparation for the ceremony. Akame now stood in her chambers being dressed by five different servants all putting her in the beautiful kimono her mother had gotten her for this occasion. Her hair was placed in a beautiful updo with golden hair sticks and rose petals woven into the do popping her white hair color. Akame glanced in the mirror and could not recognize herself, she looked like a perfect doll. The ideal princess or should she say, bride. Akame smiled at the thought but that soon fell as her mother entered the room. "It's time child," said the woman in a rare soft tone as she smiled at her daughter which she hardly knew. Akame nodded as she followed her mother out of the room and down the hall where they entered another room.

The room was decorated beautifully with floating lights and hanging greenery at the end of the room was an altar and a priest. Next to the altar was a small red pillow in which sat two rings. On the other side of the altar stood Madara dressed in a traditional black kimono with dark red embroidery. His hair was let loose falling down his back like a wave. Madara's dark eyes stared at her in awe making her smile as butterflies exploded in her stomach and heat rose to her cheeks, he was gorgeous. A ghost of a smile appeared on his lips something she didn't see much since the death of his brother.

Akame approached the altar and stood next to Madara where they both bowed their heads and the ceremony began.

*****

Hashirama paced in his office his brother leaned against the door a crooked smile on his lips as delight sparkled in his eyes. News of Madara's declaration to the hidden stone had reached them and had caused many problems for Hashirama. With this Maybe he could get rid of Madara thought Tobirama with joy. "How could he do that?" asked Hashirama in earnest as he turned to his brother for an answer. Tobirama shrugged "you know quite well why bother, it's in his nature to backstab you should have seen this coming." answered the white-haired Senju, Hashirama shook his head, no Madara was not trying to undermine him. He must have read the letter wrong, right? Madara was not reverting to his old ways there was simply no way!

"That's not true brother," said Hashirama in an attempt to defend Madara but even his faith was beginning to fail. If only Akame were there to help him work things out with the Uchiha. Oh, how he missed her. "We can't just assume the worst of Madara without him here to tell us what really happened Tobirama," said Hasirama as he ceased his pacing and looked out the window. When did Madara say he would be back again? He couldn't remember. "You need to keep an eye on those blasted Uchiha's elder brother" informed Tobirama as he unhitched himself from the wall and walked towards the door." you can't trust them, all they know is hate" continued the hair haired male before opening the door and exiting.

Walking around his desk Hashirama sat down and began to write a letter to tell Madara to return immediately. Once he was finished he called for a bird and sent it away to find its target.

*****

The ceremony had ended and the banquet had begun, music rang through the banquet hall as people danced and congratulate the couple. Akame and Madara currently sat at the head of the room watching the people and engaging in conversations with the many people that came to talk to them. The hall was decorated with floating luminescent lights of different colors and flowers. People chatted as they ate as others dance all happy for the married couple. Akame's mother approached the pair with a smile on her face." congratulation" she said with a nod of her head. Her daughter was growing up so fast. "Thank you mother," said Akame with a pointed look of suspicion. Was her mother really happy for them or was she happy that Akame was now in the position to take her throne so she could go galavanting across the continent?

Akame's train of thought was broken by her name being called. Turning her head to the side she peered up at Madara who was now standing his hand outstretched towards her. His gaze was soft and a small grin was plastered to his face. Grinning back Akame took his outstretched hand to allow him to pull her to her feet and lead her to the dance floor. "This is unlike you," remarked Akame as the two began to say with the music.

Madara shrugged his shoulders as he pulled her closer to him." does it matter?" he asked softly a gentle look in his eyes. Akame gazed lovingly up at him she wished he could stay forever but she knew better. He would have to return to the leaf soon and she was not prepared to ask him to abandon the village and his clan for her. So she smiled and enjoyed the time she had with him. "I love you" she mumbled head resting against his chest as they moved across the floor with grace.