An Invitation for Death (and Maybe a Beer or Two)

(Y/N POV)

We walked out to the parking lot together after school. Having had so many run-ins with the Ghostface, I felt safer riding home in Sidney or Billy's car. As we were talking, Stu brought up the idea of a Halloween party, which Sidney instantly shot down. 

"C'mon, it's Halloween! We've gotta have a party!" Stu insisted. "We could even do something low-key. Very chill. Just an intimate gathering of friends, so long as Tatum doesn't invite the whole world." 

Tatum gave him a look, and he raised his hands placatingly. 

"I don't know. With the curfew and everything, I don't think it would be wise to be out that late," Sidney pointed out. I nodded in agreement. 

Stu looked like a kicked puppy. "It'll raise the moral! We all could use it!" he wheedled. 

"Besides," Billy put in, "There's safety in numbers. A party would be safer than staying home alone." 

I sighed. "You have a point. Randy? What do you think?"

"I don't know," he said. "Think about the rules of surviving a horror movie: you can't drink or do drugs. What's the point of having a party without the promise of beer?"

"Lucky for us, this isn't a horror movie," Stu added.

"It's most certainly playing out like one," I muttered. 

"Party. My place. Six o'clock."

"I agree with Sid. I don't think it's a good idea," I maintained. 

"Okay, but don't blame me when the killer decides to finish what he's started with you," he told me, sending a chill down my spine. "Who's to say he won't strike while you're asleep?"

"That's enough, Stu!" Tatum scolded, hitting her boyfriend on the head. 

"You know, maybe just a small party would be fine," I amended. "No alcohol, though." 

Randy mumbled "What's the point?" before saying, "You know what? Why not? We can watch a scary movie." 

"I'm down," said Billy. He looked at his ex. "You in, Sidney?"

She glanced at all of us. Seeing that we all planned on attending, she sighed. "Fine, but please keep the invitation list to a minimum, Stu."  

"It's not me you have to worry about," Stu chortled, earning him another whack from Tatum. "Ouch!" 

+++

In short, the invitation list was not short. 

"Hey, (Y/N)!" greeted Macy, a sweet girl on the cheer team. She was wearing her uniform as a costume. "This is pretty last minute, huh?"

"Yeah," I responded, smiling at her while hiding my shaking hands. Large parties weren't my favorite thing. 

As Macy went off to find her friends, I went off to find mine. Maybe I could help Randy pick out a movie for us to watch. 

Instead of Randy, I found Stu. 

"Hey! (Y/N)! Follow me!" he said cheerily, not giving me any room for protest as he steered me into the kitchen. On the island was a large ice chest full of beer. I grimaced.

"Stu, I thought we agreed on no alcohol?"

He made a face. "What's the point of having a party if there isn't any booze?"

"Fine. Just don't drink too much, okay?"

He saluted, and I made my way into the living room, where Billy was playing a card game.