chapter 3

Ruth

Ruth.

THE EVENING approached.

I was on my way to my spot to watch the moon.

It was a full moon tonight and quite frankly I was very excited.

I've always thought of a full moon as symbolising something special, like it was meant to be a special day or night.

I haven't visited my spot in a few weeks, I hadn't had the time.

Okay, that was a big fat lie.

I did have the time, I just didn't want to.

There was no particular reason, I just didn't feel there was any need to go, up until now.

Let's say I was reading a book about childhood bestfriends, who are enemies and then become lovers, there is usually something cliche like they couldn't go to their spot, that they had together, because it reminded them of their ex bestfriend.

For me, it was the complete opposite.

Though I'm not saying that we will see each other again or even become friends or definitely not lovers.

I am saying that I looked at it differently, whilst many others wanted to forget, I wanted to forgive.

So, I went there more, wanting to feel connected to him somehow.

But then, when I didn't want to go these last few weeks, I just came to think that maybe I didn't miss him anymore and that I finally accepted that he was gone. For good.

But here I am, walking there now.

So maybe I still did miss him but he left me, betrayed me. So why did I still want to know if he was okay and why did I still crave a hug from him? 

I didn't understand it. All these feelings.

I glanced up to find I was here.

I smile in content.

It still looked the same, the clearing of green grass, and then the huge elegant weeping willow tree, the slender and oval-shaped leaves hanging off the sides of the loose branches, which create a round canopy.

And then the view of the town, and beyond it.

I go to sit down against the willow tree, giving me a perfect view of the shining light of the full moon.

I lean my head gently against the stump, which supports the huge tree and me. I position myself against it so I'm comfy and then I relax, finally.

Some people might think it was weird to be okay with being alone but I've always been alone, so I had to accept it either way.

From a young age, I have always been left by my parents because they had 'work trips'. I use to believe them and but then they became too frequent, and then I just came to learn that they didn't want to be around me, let alone love me.

It hurt when I realised, knowing your parents didn't want you, but I became use to it. Even if I was just a little kid.

I have accepted the fact that I was always meant to be alone.

The light from the full moon illuminated onto my face.

I squint my eyes and try and look for the man in the moon but I still can't find it.

I have never been able to, and it still annoys me til this day.

I feel like people have sometimes made up the fact that they could see the man in the moon, like sure, it could be there but it seems so impossible to see.

Like you could only see it if you had special eyesight or something.

maybe it's really just me.

Suddenly, I hear a snap of a twig that brings me out of my thoughts.

I whip my head round to see what it was.

I squint my eyes and look into the shadows of nothing but darkness, though there was nothing.

that's what i thought...

My face pales when I spot a figure of something, and it was coming closer.

I jump to my feet, ready to run for the hills until a hear a voice which makes me stop dead in my tracks.

"Ruth." It was a man, his voice was deep and hoarse, I would say it was attractive but I knew who this was.

I close my eyes and sigh, "Elijah."

....

A/N:

SORRY TO LEAVE YOU ON A CLIFFHANGER, but am i though..?

and for the embarrassingly short chapter.

this was suppose to be a pointless chapter but it felt right for them to meet in this one.

the next one will be a lot longer and more things will go on ;)

-b.