Chapter 12: Preparations in the Dark

Brynn's Dress

Aerilynn's Dress

Aerilynn's Dress

————————————————————————Brynn was overjoyed when she saw the dress in its full glory

Brynn was overjoyed when she saw the dress in its full glory. I had gotten back to the palace with time to spare to find Brynn in a panic over my later return. That panic had immediately dissolved upon my arrival with the two dresses in tow. Brynn's dress had immediately been placed on a hook to show the show stopping dress on full display.

You'll look beautiful in it, Brynn

"Where's your dress?" She asks, worry creeping in her tone. Through I can't fathom for what she would have to be worried about.

It's over here. I motion to the covering that conceals my dress from view. It can't compare it your dress, but it suits me, just as yours goes you. The rest of the dresses will arrive early tomorrow.

Brynn looks back at her dress and beams at it once more. "What happens if someone asks me to dance?" A worried tone enters her voice once more.

Xyla created a special frame in the dress to hold it up. If you dance, it'll move with you and the fabric won't drag on the floor.

"Ah, what a wonderful idea!" Brynn exclaims. I uh-huh in agreement.

Alright let's stop gawking at the dress. We need to get ready. I help Brynn into her shift that goes under the gown. It doesn't cover much but it gives the idea of modesty. The whale-boned corset that covers her waist goes on next.

"Do it as tight as you can, Aeri." She says.

But you won't be able to breathe, let alone eat or drink.

"I needed to start on a diet anyways, might as well start now." I frown at her words. Sure Brynn wasn't stick thin like many in the Capital city, but she wasn't fat. Often enough I wished I had her body because it showed class in the way that my stuck thin figure lacked. Doing as she says, I sign to Brynn to suck in and tighten the corset as much as I can. Once that is finished, I ever so carefully help Brynn step into the dress and pull it over her figure. Once zipped up and tightened to her plump figure, I step back and examined our work. Brynn had already put on makeup and put her hair into a high ponytail. She wore no other jewelry than diamond earrings with a big onyx stone in the middle of each. The entire ensemble screamed "look at me!" It would grab the High Kings attention, that's for sure.