Chapter 118: A Wedding in the Dark

Thank you to @toryalpha23 for your support of A Song of Silence!!! Your support and continuation to follow this novel means the world to me!!!

Also, thank you to everyone for the 37k reads!!! Ahhhh!! That is awesome!!! Thank you everyone!! I couldn't have made it this far without each and every one of you!!!

I was woken the next morning by the frantic knocking of Xyla as she pushed open the bedroom door. She pushed inside without further ado and bid me good morning. Taking in the relaxed look on my face and the rumpled state of my sheets, she gave me a sly look. She had an inkling of what had occurred last night, but she was no snitch. Pulling me out of bed, she pushed me towards the bathing chamber and the hot, perfumed bath that waited for me. I sunk into the warmth of the water only for Xyla to lather shampoo into my hair and rush me out of the bath instead of letting me lie in it as I always did in the mornings.

"You can lay about later. Today is a day for getting things done and quickly. We both have lots to do today. Once I have my bathrobe back on, a windweaver is let inside my rooms to help dry my hair. My usually curly locks are conditioned, oiled, and styled atop my head by a skilled maid. Once her work is done, Xyla rushes all the maids out of the room, leaving only her and I in my rooms. She rolls her eyes, "Maids. I needed to usher them out before we started on what you would actually look like for your wedding. Heavens know the hairdo you are wearing is now being whispered around the castle."

"You mean this won't be my hairstyle for the wedding," I ask touching the delicate braids twisted into a crown atop my head.

"Oh gosh no," she says taking the pins out of my hair to let my silver locks nod freely flow down my back, "That was what I wanted the maids to spread around the castle. Now when you appear, it will be a surprise to everyone!" She ends her words by grabbing some of my hair and braiding it in a crown around the top of my head. It's simple, but elegant and it suits me perfectly.

Xyla then turns me to the mannequin that was hidden away from the maids in the closet, but now stands at the far corner of the room in all of its glory. It's takes my breath away, even though I am still not wearing it. With a sly smile, Xyla gives me sheer black undergarments to wear under my dress. Well, the underwear anyway. My bra I'll have to forgive for the sake of the stunning dress. They show everything and barely have any cloth on them. They are perfect. Quickly going to the bathroom to slip them on, I pull my thin shift on to cover most of my body. Grabbing a dagger and it's sheathe, I attach it to my thigh to go under the dress. Wedding or not, I go nowhere without a weapon on me.

Coming out of the bathroom, Xyla holds the dress while I step into it and shed my shift over my head. Xyla gives me a disapproving look when she sees the dagger, but says nothing. The corset sewn within the dress is quickly tightened so that my breasts look fucking awesome and so that I can hardly breathe. The rest of the dress is tightened around my waist, while I mess with the voluptuous skirts around me. Xyla helps me into comfortable white shoes and helps me put the wedding garter on my leg. A few more touches to my makeup and hair and Xyla pronounces me almost done.

Quickly scampering over to the mannequin once more, Xyla pulls the veil and the diamond studded headpiece that I will wear. It looks positively torturous to wear from the weight of the diamonds. I say as much and Xyla replies, "Don't worry, I'll take it off once you reach the altar. Once you're coronated you'll get a crown instead."

Xyla works on my makeup next. A rouge on my cheeks and light pink lipstick. Dark paint around my eyes and on my eyelashes to help my purple eyes pop. She doesn't cake my face as many would have done. Just a few minor touches and we are fine with my makeup in less than an hour.

A perfectly timed Madame Dietra knocks on the door to my rooms and lets herself in. Upon seeing me and the dress, she stops for a moment, her mouth opening slightly, before she snaps it shut and walks towards me, "That boy of yours is a lucky one."

"So everyone keeps telling me."

"Aerilynn, have you not looked at yourself in the mirror? You look stunning."

"A compliment? If I didn't know better, I'd say you wanted something, Madame Dietra."

"I don't want nothing from you, girl. I'd just thought I'd be nice since it's your wedding day and all." She says, disapproving at my snark. "Now where is Lady Karasi? It is time to leave. A bride cannot be late to her own wedding."

"She'll be here in a few moments," Xyla says for me.

"She sent a letter saying she'd be here and I'm not one to doubt her," I say.

"She'd better be here soon or we will have to leave without her." Madame Dietra says.

Just as expected, within a few moments, Karasi arrives with Melanie on her tail. Melanie wears a beautiful navy blue dress, while Karasi comes clad in a lavender gown that I had assigned to all three of my bridesmaids. She greets me immediately, "Sorry for the wait, Aerilynn! The guards made us wait while they checked our things for weapons. As if I would think to touch a hair on you or one of your guests on you wedding day!"

Shaking my head, I gather my skirts and our entire posse follows. Azazel had dismissed the servants in this wing of the castle for the day, so that they wouldn't see my wedding dress. Just to be sure though, he covered every window in the castle with shadows and put the death penalty on any maid who spoiled the surprise. It was safe to say that there wasn't hide nor hair of a maid anywhere in sight as we walked around castle.

The wedding would be held in the throne room, so we walked towards the center of the palace. Mouths of the pages and various servants dropped as I entered the receiving room. Jameson was there to walk Xyla down the aisle before me. Adonis and a close family friends of Azazel's waited as well.

The time came for me to walk down the aisle and Xyla and Jameson were announced and walked out first. Next, Madame Dietra and her groomsman. Finally, it came time for my turn. My nerves sent my heart a fluttering, but I squared my shoulders and grasped the bouquet that I had been given. Two well dressed maids grabbed the train of my dress and the page announced, "Presenting, Lady Aerilynn Maeve StormBringer!" The double doors in front of me swung open to the sound of music and thousands of eyes staring at me. Taking a deep breath, I set my shoulders back and started walking.

I couldn't see Azazel at first, only the crowds of people that now stood and watched me walk down the aisle. When I had walked for some time, he finally came into view. Standing at the altar, looking handsome in a black and silver tunic and pants that matched his hair and eyes. Our eyes locked and it seemed that nobody else was in the room. His gaze only strayed to take a look at the dress I now wore. Heat and amazement lurked in his gaze as he took in the dress and the veil that surrounded me. His eyes met mine once more and we now stared at each other, our eyes fully if happiness and joy. The walk down the aisle seemed to take forever, but soon enough I reached Azazel and clasped his hands in mine.

I gave the bouquet to Xyla and let her fluff out the train of the dress as I clasped Azazel's hands and looked into his eyes. His eyes glittered and shone like glass and I saw my own violet eyes reflected in his. "Ladies and Gentlemen," the ordinator intoned.