Chapter 120: A Bath in the Dark

Thank you to @23rdletter for your support of a song of silence! Your support means the world to me!!!

Also, thank you to everyone for the 37k reads!!! Ahhh!!! That is awesome!!! I couldn't have made it this far without everyone and all your support!!!

It wasn't until most of the guests had left that Azazel and I retired to our rooms. Drunk and exhausted from all the dancing that we did, I don't know how I didn't fall asleep as soon as I sat down. Slumping down in the chair with a huff, I gaze at Azazel under my lowered lashes. Azazel sat slumped in a chair opposite me, his clothes all rumpled and his eyes tired. "Would you be furious with me, my lovely wife, if we postponed our nighttime fun until tomorrow?" Azazel asks.

"Not at all," I say honestly, my voice worn and tired. "Nothing would make the night better than falling asleep in your arms, sex or not."

A numerous shimmer lights his eyes, "A bath I can do, my beautiful wife." He strips off his doublet and goes to the bathroom to start the water. Less than a few seconds later, I hear the sound of running water and Azazel returns from the bathroom. I begin to take my crown off, but Azazel says, "Let me, Aerilynn. It's the least I can do for not performing my husbandly duties tonight."

Taking my hands out of my hair, I respond, "You've performed many of those duties long before our wedding night, Azazel. You needn't worry on my account." Azazel's hands replace where mine has once been as he takes the crown off my head and sets it gingerly on the side table. My veil goes after that. The pins in my hair follow next and soon enough my silver waves are set free from their constraints. They flow in curly waves across my shoulders. The simple diamonds in my ears are taken out and now only the dress remains.

"I have a feeling you will regret your decision to wait until tomorrow when you see what is under this dress," I tease him. His eyes light with liquid fire as he ponders what exactly I have under this dress. The answer? Very little.

His mouth twists into a wry smile as he says, "Suddenly, I am feeling quite energized, my lovely wife."

I cup his face with my hands and put a false pout on my face, "I thought you said you were tired?"

"I think we shall see just how tired I am after I strip this dress off of you."

"Don't rip it or Xyla will kill you," I warn him. He only hmm's before starting to unlace the strings to my corset. They are tight and I feel as if I can breathe much better once they are fully unlaced. With the corset loose, the dress is easy enough to pull of my shoulders until it is an elegant puddle at my feet. The dagger sheathe on my thigh and my very, very, scanty panties don't go unnoticed by Azazel. His breath hitches and I feel a long, hard length against my lower back. Smirking, i shimmy out of the panties and dagger sheathe and sink into the bubble bath that Azazel had prepared for me. Azazel joins me in the bathtub that looks as if was built for five, not two.

"So," I ask slowly, "Are you as energized as you thought you might be?"

"Much more than I thought I would be after peeling that dress off of you, but," he pauses.

"But what?"

"I think you will appreciate my choice to save my energy tomorrow."

"I will? And why exactly will I appreciate it?"

"I have something special planned tomorrow, that all."

"What is it?" I ask.

"It wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you what it is, now would it?"

"C'mon, just tell me. I promise to act surprised tomorrow." I plead.

"No."

"Just one little detail."

"No."

"Just one little hint."

"No."

"Jackass." I huff at him.

His mouth curls into a devious smile, "Impatient, aren't you?" I just scowl at him. "I'll tell you what, if you don't like the surprise, I'll let you take charge the next time I fuck you."

"You act like I won't take charge anyway." I respond.

"I never let you fully take charge and you enjoy every second of it, firefly. What I meant was that I'll let you fully take charge and fulfill your every whim." He explains. Hmmm. That does sound like fun.

"Fine," I relent, "If I don't enjoy myself tomorrow, then I take charge the next time we fuck, deal?"

"Deal," he says simply. "Now that that's over, let me wash you."

"Why?"

"Why do you have to answer my every word with a question?"

"Why do you answer my every question with a question?" I retort.

"Aerilynn, it is a mating tradition and is like to touch you if you'd let me," he says answering my first question, his patience growing thin.

"I doubt we'll be getting much sleep if you start touching me."

"I'll be a perfect gentleman, you have my word."

"Fine," I reply, giving in. Azazel reaches for the shampoo and puts some into his hand. Lavender smelling shampoo, I note as he nears me and lathers the shampoo into my hair. He twists his finger in a turning motion and I reluctantly follow his order. Azazel quickly washes the shampoo out of my hair and applied the conditioner next. He massages it through my thick silver strands as I lean against him, the warm water lulling me to sleep. I don't notice that he is done with my hair until I feel a slightly rough texture touch my skin.

My eyes snap open to see Azazel's staring back at mine through a mirror. Several mirrors in fact. That's right. Azazel's entire private bathroom is covered with a mirror on every wall. It's ostentatious to say the least. "Relax, my wife, it's only a washcloth."

"It's not the washcloth I'm worried about, but the hand that guides it," I tell him.

"Just trust me." I stay silent, which signifies my consent because Azazel begins his movements. First, he starts at my shoulders and goes down my arms. Then the washcloth caresses my legs and thighs. Then my back. My boobs and the space between my legs are left for last. As he promised, Azazel is a perfect gentleman. His touch lulls me to sleep more than anything. When he is finished, he puts the washcloth to the side and moves to grab me.

I stop him and say, "I want to wash you now."

He chuckles, "If you do that, we will absolutely not be sleeping. Besides, I already cleaned myself."

"C'mon," I groan.

"Tomorrow, Aerilynn." Sighing, I agree and Azazel's drags me out of the water. He carefully drys me down with a towel and wraps me in some warm pajamas. Picking me up bridal style, he ticks me in bed and curls his arms around me as he lays next to me. His warmth soaks into me and makes me realize just how tired I am. "Not so bad for our wedding night, don't you think?" He asks quietly.

"I would have preferred to get ready for bed in other ways, but I can't complain," I reply.

"How wicked your tongue is, my wife."

"How big your ego is, my husband."

"And for good reason too. It has to match the other parts of me that you enjoy so much."

"Who ever could know where you got such a dirty mouth?" I tease him.

Azazel only chuckles in response. And tightens his embrace around me. "We must sleep now, my wife. I have much planned for tomorrow."

"Must we sleep?"

"Aerilynn, don't tempt me."

"Spoilsport."

He pinches my side, which makes me elbow him in displeasure. Snuggling deeply into the comfortable pillows, I let Azazel's breathing match my own. Soon enough sleep seems closer than ever and I am more content that I have ever been before. Sleep finds us both soon enough.